PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

hondaracer44
04-10-2014, 04:58 PM
alright guys so I got my bike out of storage the other day and I started it up and drove it but it wouldn't go past half throttle so I thought it was bad gas so I changed it out and I started it up again and it was idling really high so I shut it off and checked everything and nothing was wrong but then I checked the oil and there's gas in it anyone know what could be the problem?? I checked the float and its fine I don't know what to do:mad:

DragonGunner
04-10-2014, 06:36 PM
alright guys so I got my bike out of storage the other day and I started it up and drove it but it wouldn't go past half throttle so I thought it was bad gas so I changed it out and I started it up again and it was idling really high so I shut it off and checked everything and nothing was wrong but then I checked the oil and there's gas in it anyone know what could be the problem?? I checked the float and its fine I don't know what to do:mad:

Sounds like your float stuck open, usually dirt in the needle seat. This allowed gas to back up and go in to your head and drain down past valves, into the chamber and around the rings. I seen a Yamaha do this and the entire airbox was full of gas.

EDIT: Tear down and clean carb, change oil and filter.

hondaracer44
04-11-2014, 07:51 PM
I cleaned out the carb and checked the float and it seemed fine. It did this once before and I tore down the carb down and cleaned it and it was fine till just now I don't know what else it could be

DragonGunner
04-12-2014, 06:28 AM
I cleaned out the carb and checked the float and it seemed fine. It did this once before and I tore down the carb down and cleaned it and it was fine till just now I don't know what else it could be

When you take float out, a thingy is attached to it, it has a rubber pointed tip on the end, that pointed tip is what closes off the gas from the pressure
of the float. Clean that chamber it goes in real good, just a small grain that you cant see is enough to allow gas to get by. Also might be a good time to
replace that rubber tip thingy with a new one. Also I put fuel filter on gas line to help keep stuff the screen in the gas tank may not get.

hondaracer44
04-12-2014, 04:13 PM
When you take float out, a thingy is attached to it, it has a rubber pointed tip on the end, that pointed tip is what closes off the gas from the pressure
of the float. Clean that chamber it goes in real good, just a small grain that you cant see is enough to allow gas to get by. Also might be a good time to
replace that rubber tip thingy with a new one. Also I put fuel filter on gas line to help keep stuff the screen in the gas tank may not get.

alright I'll try do do that thanks!!