PDA

View Full Version : possible upgrade to 07 450R on the cheap but there's a problem.. please help!!!!!

Thumper330
04-07-2014, 11:53 PM
like i said, i have a possible upgrade on the EXTREME cheap. a friend of mine is an MMI graduate that has it and is tired of fooling with it. i can either buy outright for a grand or trade an 03 300 ex for an 07 450R, but here's the problem. the 450R has a weak spark, but the stator is good. he ohmed it out and checked the output from directly off of the stator and it tested good. the coil is putting out 25V but should be putting out 100V. heres the catch though, it WILL NOT idle, the starter works fine,but wont start the engine. you can pull start it, still wont idle. have to rev it to keep it running. bypassed the TORS to check it and it will run as mentioned. hes thinking it is the ECU or CDI, which ever you wanna call it, just doesnt wanna spend the cash and be wrong. any ideas, help or advice. friend was not trying to push it on me, just was talking and it came up in conversation. he didnt WANT me to go out of my way or trouble myself, but if i can get some help to figure it out it might be worth it. the only thing he said it doesnt have reverse. I might can handle that for an upgrade like that lol.

Logan #34's Dad
04-08-2014, 12:42 AM
For a grand... I'd buy it and ebay a CDI and then a coil and then a stator... If nothing helps...part it out...
I'll give you $1010.00 now.. :p

blacknblue#2
04-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Dont trust bench testing a stator. Ive seen statist bench test good and a new stator end up fixing the problem. Like said above for a grand I would buy it spend a couple hundred trouble shooting it and if nothing works part it out.

Matt150
04-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Go thru and clean ALL the grounds. My guess is stator/ pickup coil

DnB_racing
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
check the oil filter make sure there are no metal filings or particles from bad bearings
metal particles can attach to the magnets and cause symptoms like your describing