PDA

View Full Version : Got one finally! Just mother nature doesn't want me to ride...

dxcody
04-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Haven't really been on here since I sold my 400ex. I sold it for a YFZ and now I got rid of the YFZ and got this bad boy!
2005 Honda 450r !

It has
ATV Four Play A Arms, steering stem, and bar clamps,
Pro taper bars with cycra handguards, JDR Dual Rate revalves < (Any info on those? I can't find a website or anything..)
DWT Beadlock rims with Vee Rubbers, JET Pro Dual Rate rear shock, GT Thunder link, IMS Tank, 06+ Carb Built by Levi's dad at FTR, (the throttle is insanly smooth, i goose it all the time on accident haha)
A high compression piston, webcam, and the head is engraved and says "RS PRO XC B110" < Some type of P&P for XC I am guessing.
06+ Airbox, 09 Swingarm, axle, etc, QuadTech Hood.

The plastic is a little rough but other than that she is great I think! Can't wait to ride, but like it says in the title... Mother nature has been throwing snow at me one week, and 4" of rain the next week!

Let me know what you guys think!

ben300
04-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Holey cow! Long time no post lol

Seen this on FB, looks like a pretty good pick up. Real good base for you to start with. Just looks like you need to have Austin pretty it up for ya lol

chronicsmoke
04-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Looks good man! About time you're on a honda again ;)

dxcody
04-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Haha yeah ! I wanted to buy it off Austin when he had it for sale.. I talked my buddy into buying it. Then he rode it twice, parked it, ripped the graphics off and sold it to me for a steal! lol

Wish he wouldn't have peeled the graphics off, but off well.. Glad to see my two dudes are still roaming around!!

Did notice that these things aren't near as snappy as the YFZ and other quads but def keeps the pace up in the woods.. Helps out a little for the "slow but steady" type of races I think.

I heard the 06+ r's are snappy like the other 450's.. Maybe after this year I will part it out and buy a Zuke or something :)

CJM
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Finally dang it. Took you long enough to come back from the dark side! Now you can hang out with us on the 450r org too!

Stickman400
04-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Been a long time since I've seen you post. I also saw this when you posted it on facebook and was wondering where the thread was on here. Definitely looks like a good solid XC bike to start with. Better change your location too since you're a 450 man now.

HondaRacing83
04-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Saw it on facebook good lookin machine. I also ditched the 400 world for a 450