PDA

View Full Version : TRX 90 dripping gas out of carb. help!

big_poppa49
04-06-2014, 09:28 PM
I recently bought my son a used TRX 90 1997 model and it is dripping gas out of the carb hose when running AND when turned off. It only stops if you completely turn the gas to the OFF position. It also is hard to crank, even when motor is warm. Could the carb dripping cause the hard starts? Overall the ATV looks well taken care of, along with new sprockets, new chain, new airfilter, very little rust on the frame. Its in pretty good shape for its age. Now once it finally does crank it runs GREAT! No sputtering, bogging, idels nice and smooth and never cuts off.

I would just like to know what could be wrong in that carb to make fuel continuously run out of that hose (small hose almost looks like a drain or overflow of some sort) and if it would be a costly or cheap fix. And also if its whats causing the hard starts.

PS, I know spark plug is good, its new I just put it in when I got it home

Matt150
04-07-2014, 10:31 AM
You need to replace the float needle valve. Go get the Honda part not aftermarket the OEM are the only ones you can count on to seal in a Honda.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-07-2014, 01:18 PM
what Matt said. That's what my 400 was doing. I gassed up for a ride the night before and found out the hard way the next day 4 miles away from the trail head ;)

DragonGunner
04-07-2014, 02:31 PM
^^^what these guys said. My buddies float stuck on his Warrior so bad that when I took the airbox lid off it was completely full of gas!!! LOL