PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run Maxxis XC tires for XC racing? Thoughts?

Jason Smith
04-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I have been running Maxxis Razr 2's for years racing XC. Run 20s on the rears & 22 on the fronts currently. Looking at changing to the Maxxis Razr XC tires and wondering what type of feedback is out there. Is steering & traction better? Pros & Cons?

400man
04-06-2014, 07:52 AM
I run the rears. I really like them, probably one of the better tires I have ever run over the years. Traction is A+, ive did a few really muddy races and I never got stuck anywhere because of a lack of traction. the rears actually measure 19" (like most 20" tires), but so far I have had any issues with bottoming out and getting high sided in ruts.

mohler
04-09-2014, 10:03 AM
I have run about every tire out there and the Maxxis Razor Ballance tires are by far the best

602racer
04-15-2014, 06:54 AM
The sidewalls are fairly weak. Never used them in a race but I tested on them and they aren't bad but I feel the tire flexing. GBC Motorsports makes great tires. The XC Masters look like Razr 2 and are great tire. Very durable and are a lot cheaper. I'm going to try out the XC-Racers and see how I like them.

randyw
05-08-2014, 12:32 AM
I also had the Maxxis Razor Ballance. They offer good grip and bite but they seem to have a soft compound.