PDA

View Full Version : 05 tether instal please help me

LxMxL97
04-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I have a pro armor tether that I'm trying to instal and I can't figure it out it's for an 05 450r any help would be greatly appreciated

tylerb33
04-01-2014, 08:28 PM
theres a good write up on trx450r.org. i hooked mine up the wires going to the key i cant remember the colors but if you the wires from the kill switch backwards you will get a little shock.

DnB_racing
04-01-2014, 11:02 PM
I have a pro armor tether that I'm trying to instal and I can't figure it out it's for an 05 450r any help would be greatly appreciated

I usually just use the black/white wire and the green wire from the factory kill circuit, its common to the key switch as well.
actually any place on the black/white wire and green will work, but I like to use the factory plugs, I had some extra harness with connectors that I used to make a plug in

mikey726
04-02-2014, 04:56 AM
^ I use the same wires as DnB, but I just open up the harness near where I'm going to put the tether and solder the kill switch wires into the harness. However you do it, make sure it works right before you do anything permanent.

LxMxL97
04-02-2014, 04:57 AM
theres a good write up on trx450r.org. i hooked mine up the wires going to the key i cant remember the colors but if you the wires from the kill switch backwards you will get a little shock.

I used the key method you're talking about and It didn't work

LxMxL97
04-02-2014, 04:58 AM
It said twist the black and red wires together then connect the green wire to a kill switch wire then connect the black wire with a white stripe to the other side of the kill switch

DnB_racing
04-02-2014, 02:50 PM
It said twist the black and red wires together then connect the green wire to a kill switch wire then connect the black wire with a white stripe to the other side of the kill switch

ya that's the way to do it... if it doesn't work ...then either you have the wrong tether switch, or you made a mistake

LxMxL97
04-03-2014, 04:20 AM
ya that's the way to do it... if it doesn't work ...then either you have the wrong tether switch, or you made a mistake

Went and got another switch and it worked I guess I'll have to be sending that one back to pro armor

tylerb33
04-03-2014, 06:11 PM
i left the key hooked up on mine a just spliced into the wires and then put the key under the hood in one of the loops to still have it accessible so i didn't have to pull the tether to shut it off all the time since i removed the headlight switch. if i ever get around to it i plan on ditching the key and put a dirt bike push button kill switch on