PDA

View Full Version : looking for the right cam.

bi0hazard
03-29-2014, 10:44 PM
been doing alot of research on what cam I really want for my bike. came across this link http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?237131-How-to-pick-a-400EX-cam-%28a-specification-comparison%29. right now i got 416je 11:1 piston, hd studs, port cleanup, fmf titanium 4 pipe. This combo right now is a very quick revving bike and I don't really want to loose how fast it revs. the power band right now feels like it pulls really great across all rpms, but feels strongest in mid. like the overall power characteristics of it right now so i wanna keep most my power in mid. don't really wanna get a real high lift cam and have to get shorter valve guides. what i'm really wondering is what grind cam has the best mid power. i was thinking that web all around cam might have close to same characteristics of the stock cam but higher lift and duration for some more power.

400man
03-29-2014, 11:59 PM
what cam do you have in it right now? most people are gonna say a stage 2 hotcam.

DragonGunner
03-30-2014, 07:38 AM
I have the mid range Web cam, but it required the harder surfaced rockers for it, so thats more money. Now they later came out with the Hot Cam so I think most would say go withe the stage 2 on it.

bi0hazard
03-30-2014, 09:05 AM
which grind webcam do you got the 450/451? that one is the same as white bros track cam the gt thunder cam. i'm not sure about white bros and gt thunder but web's are hard welded and then they grind them to spec. thats why they need rocker arms hard faced. i was thinking of the white bros cam if i could find one.

DragonGunner
03-30-2014, 10:16 AM
which grind webcam do you got the 450/451? that one is the same as white bros track cam the gt thunder cam. i'm not sure about white bros and gt thunder but web's are hard welded and then they grind them to spec. thats why they need rocker arms hard faced. i was thinking of the white bros cam if i could find one.

I have the 450/451 grind #. Not sure if the lift and durations are all the same on the different cams.....probably close.