PDA

View Full Version : you like JONNY CASH?...what about "NIN"?

"BLAHH"300!!
03-22-2003, 12:50 AM
hey, do you like nine inch nails?.....WHAT? NEVER HEARD OF EM?!!
man jonny fkin' cash covered N.I.N's "HURT"
have you heard this?
man i watched the video,
i was in (whats it called?) "strike and aww"?
it was so......deep....as if it could get any deeper.
"and i remember.......everything......"
that's crazy man.

like that guy's post, staind doin' pearl jams' song.
thats do'oable.ahight that kinda stuff happens every month or so, but jonny cash and nine inch nails...................?

i think i liked the video better than i liked that
cover of the song, BUT to ME it was more of a.....i don't know...he could die tomorrow and have said all he needs to say . )
but we were all half drunk and cuttin' up in a hotel, so....maybe it suked. it's deffinalty one to d-load and keep in the back of your c.d. case.....

kinda like, PHISH covering, that snoop song. (i don't do the rap thing, and forgot the name of it but.
.."got my money on my mind, and my mind on my......chicken"?
bok bok <(*)"

i'll delete this later..

cheetah
03-22-2003, 02:08 AM
I agree it is a very good song. I'm really a country fan. I like anything so it sounds good. But a top notch performance by Mr. Cash. Even with a bad illness and age he still comes through. These new guys will probably retire at 40, just goes to show how much he cares about the music.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-22-2003, 02:40 AM
yeah he did look pretty ruff during the video.
be honest we were crakin' on him and givin him props through the whole thing.
what illness does he have?
i noticed his lip looked a little funny , but it showed clips of him while he was younger and i think thats just part of him.

who's the old chic in the vid.? that his wife?
that s.it's pretty deep man, it's like him saying "good-bye"
or something.
kinda depressing and kool all at once.

i wonder if trent payed him, or he payed trent to cover this.
i wonder if he listens to nin....tha'd be nuts haha...
..oh jonny token' doshia' takin' in the nails....i'd kick it with him..

"......but i'd forget....everything....."

sly400ex
03-22-2003, 05:25 AM
Definately like Mr. Cash's version.:D

bsb64
03-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Jonny Cash used to be a bad MFer. Started his singing career in the state pen. I was stunned when I saw this video. If you are old like me (38) and grew up listening to Jonny, this video is just soooo damn spooky. Major props to Jonny.

bsb64
03-22-2003, 12:49 PM
BTW go to Kazza and download Folson Prison Blues and Cocaine Blues just to get a taste of the crazy chit this guy was playing 30 or 40yrs ago.

RideRed04
03-22-2003, 01:56 PM
I've said it before, and I will say it again, Johnny Cash is now, and will forever remain "The Man"

Sparky416ex
03-22-2003, 02:00 PM
I love that song...didnt cash kill a man?

if so the song fits him perfect....but its sad as hell...the "i remember everthing" and "what have i become" a man as old as johnny saying that...it just gets me

bsb64
03-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Here it is. F***ing creepy ,but nicely done.

Click on hurt under video................

http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/all?p=hurt

trx440
03-22-2003, 02:32 PM
The "Man in Black" is the original O.G. [Ice-T said it]. He was one of country's bad boys from day one and is the true Godfather of alternative music.

PhilMoore
03-22-2003, 04:24 PM
I have liked Cash's music since forever, so when I heard him cover Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage" a few years ago, I thought it was really cool. My wife's a bumpkin, so when I told her the song was from a cover of a bunch o grunge bungs, she didn't belive me, until I played it back to her from Badmotorfinger.

I mostly like the old stuff like Folsom Prison, Get Rythm, and Ring of Fire.

I like songs that tell a story such as; Long Black Veil by Cash, or Whiskey in the Jar by ThinLizzy (Really love the heavy duty Metallica version)

Jonny Cash didn't get started in prison. He just did a couple concerts at prisons.
I am 99.9% sure he never killed nobody.

bsb64
03-23-2003, 04:21 AM
You are correct Phil Moore.....
I looked up some history on Johnny and although he had several brushes with the law, it said he never did more than 3 days in jail at a time.