PDA

View Full Version : Derisi or GT Thunder

shaggy01
03-26-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm currently running a set of used gt revalves w/ dual rates. I'm looking at getting them redone to for ME (weight and style). My question is which company would you guys go with? I'd like to keep the cost done but if one is alot better then i dont mind paying more. I've also considered the fact that derisi is at almost every local hare scramble around me so the support would be alot better.

LxMxL97
03-27-2014, 04:20 AM
I would send them to jet because I called and talked to them and he said he can do triple rate instead of just dual rate

CJM
03-27-2014, 07:47 AM
Derisi, GT can sometimes be a hit or miss when it comes to work. Could also try dirtworks or jet.

shaggy01
03-27-2014, 05:37 PM
I totally forgot about Jet. Anyone have any experience with them? Derisi's customer service has been pretty good the couple times ive talked to them. GT thunder wasn't real friendly.

LxMxL97
03-28-2014, 04:52 AM
I don't have any myself but the people I have talked to have been more than happy and the 2 times I talked to them on the phone they couldn't have been nicer

kbass24emtp
03-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Derisi gets my vote. Super nice guy to talk to and very helpful. He did revalves on my stock shock and he did the revalve on my Elka's.

XC_Racer_129
03-28-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't think you could go wrong with either. I've been using a GT Thunder rear shock with high flow piston for the past few seasons, and I would recommend them to anyone.

ben300
03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
I totally forgot about Jet. Anyone have any experience with them? Derisi's customer service has been pretty good the couple times ive talked to them. GT thunder wasn't real friendly.

I have Jet tripple rate revevalve fronts on my 400 and single rate rear and i love them. I had mine done back when Nick Adams still owned the company and Ive had them serviced locally, but from what I gather, Tim Wolfe is just as good to work with and knows his stuff.

Another one that a lot of people have been starting to use Rocket Ron Racing. Search for Ronald Elmore on Facebook. He does some pretty good work, can tripple rate and long travel stock 450 fronts and will service other suspension to. In my area (western PA), GT Thunder is king, but Ron's work has been catching on fast.

shaggy01
04-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the reply's yall. I contacted jet but haven't gotten a response yet. Derisi is still the one im leaning toward due to them being in the carolina's and being present at alot of the local hare scramble.

ben300
04-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the reply's yall. I contacted jet but haven't gotten a response yet. Derisi is still the one im leaning toward due to them being in the carolina's and being present at alot of the local hare scramble.

Id give them a call then. Santo and James Reeves are good guys and know their stuff. They produce a top quality product as do the other guys, but you cant beat the fact that they are gonna have that local track support there. Thats worth its own weight.

602racer
04-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Send them to Derisi racing. Gt thunder isn't the most friendly company.

jcs003
04-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Send them to Derisi racing. Gt thunder isn't the most friendly company.

not the best time for your response. Lazarus Sommers and his wife passes in a plane crash a few days ago.

john

602racer
04-16-2014, 05:23 AM
not the best time for your response. Lazarus Sommers and his wife passes in a plane crash a few days ago.

john

I realize that now. I wasn't aware that happened. They were great people but I didn't particularly like the customer service. I am deeply saddened by this event.