PDA

View Full Version : Apex ATV's coming back to the US, need your advice!

JThomas7
03-25-2014, 07:12 PM
I've been in the motorcycle business the last 10 years. We are currently a Cobra, SSR, and Pitster Pro dealer, along with running our own race track in Stillwater Oklahoma. I have been approached by both the owner of APEX ATV's in Taiwan and the designer of their new ATV here in the US about being their central US distributor.

I want to start with getting the parts flowing from APEX for current APEX customers. I'm asking for your help on the commonly needed items to bring over in our first shipment.

The new Stage 6 ATV's will be shipping SOON! They will be sold as a rolling chassis with several different engine options available. We're also working on a full size chassis that will come CRF150r bolt in ready.1718107693

ontargetracing
03-26-2014, 01:36 PM
designer of their new ATV.? please elaborate

nastynotchback1
03-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Not alot of factory parts get used.Most guys buy aftermarket or used.I would say plastics an radiators would be 2 good things.tie rods and steering stems also.

JThomas7
03-26-2014, 04:55 PM
designer of their new ATV.? please elaborate

The ATV was designed here in the States, it was then taken to the Apex factory in Taiwan to be developed.

Logan #34's Dad
03-26-2014, 08:51 PM
The 1st thing I'd do is call the ATVPG (ATV Promoter's group) and verify If these machines are production legal and/or allowed in the cvt classes. Apex fella from California kinda pizzed off the AMA last year. If they are not legal then you'd have a hard time selling them IMO. Not that the National's are the only show in town but, If the DRR is what is winning (because its allowed in the class by rule or not) then everyone will go buy a DRR...
Those machines look awesome and race ready so hopefully they are allowed in the classes.

Logan #34's Dad
03-26-2014, 08:53 PM
The ATV was designed here in the States, it was then taken to the Apex factory in Taiwan to be developed.

Developed here... built and put together over there for pennies on the dollar...

ontargetracing
03-27-2014, 09:50 AM
would be nice to have some details and an ETA if there is a now mini coming out. That picture is not new, neither is the stage6 Apex.. They came out a couple of years ago, although I don't know if any were ever actually sold.

Hybrid Iceracer
03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Also, if there developing a Quad for the crf150r engine it should not be a full size, It should be a light weight 3/4 scale Like the school boy and super mini. Teens and a lot of Girls need a step from mini to full size heavy 450. Similar to A Yamaha Raptor ish size. just my opinion, leave the full size chassis for the 250 and 450.

scanno
05-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Jeremy, I am Stephen Cannon we are from OKC and come to some of your indoor and went to the 1st Outdoor race you held in February I believe, my son Kyle rides an Apex, that is it that terribly loud thing that usually seems to upset all of your frequent riders. I am definitely in need of some parts and might be able to answer some questions if you have any I also very well aware of the parts they use commonly I currently have 2 which make 4 that I have owned total. Call me when you can

ontargetracing
05-30-2014, 03:17 PM
any updates?

asadad00
07-22-2014, 07:36 AM
As said ... any updates?