PDA

View Full Version : Nationals!

03-21-2014, 06:01 AM
Is any text necessary here?! It's time for the Nationals!!!

blacknblue#2
03-21-2014, 09:17 AM
7 years ago this site would have been blowing up with ppls travel plans, lodging arrangements and all rhe other stuff about the nats. .....not so much anymore :(

03-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Pretty sad. People would rather talk about what step tubes they are putting on their tacky truck or "what they did today".

I'm hoping for some surprise contenders at Round One!

blacknblue#2
03-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Im cheering for pro #75 Casey Martin to do good. Kinda a local guy to me and raced under earlywine roof with him back in the day. Well never really against him lol. Whats the scoop on Musick. I heard pro now I hear pro am again?

DragonGunner
03-22-2014, 09:00 AM
7 years ago this site would have been blowing up with ppls travel plans, lodging arrangements and all rhe other stuff about the nats. .....not so much anymore :(

2 words.......gas prices.

zyoung04
03-24-2014, 04:35 AM
From looking at the results, looks like they had a awesome turn out. Except in pro.

Hopefully it stays like this for the rest of the season

03-24-2014, 05:25 AM
I thought the same thing, good turnout, even Pro had a full gate. Good start to the season. And dropping the 4 Stroke class was a great move IMO, no need for it with the 450, Open, and Production classes already.

Any one go to the races? I was wondering about the Pro Am races. I see Cam Covil went 1-1. Pretty sick. Him and Musick went from the top of the minis to the top of Pro Am in two years. Crazy.

Fa8r
03-24-2014, 09:10 PM
cam put on a pretty sick ride considering not only was it his pro am debut but also his 450 debut at barely 16 y/o !

quad2xtreme
03-25-2014, 07:41 AM
I haven't see a new quad at South Fork since mid-October when we bought the place. There are still quad riders...just the same ones that were already in the sport. :-( As their equipment dies, they either leave altogether or show up on a bike.

Kovatch
03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm glad the season is here. The off season, although shortened with the Pro-Challenge in Texas during the fall, still seemed too long. As long as Pro can keep 20 on the gate, I am usually happy to see it. Entries were in the 500s for Aonia.

I don't think local racers go to the Nationals like they used. I remember seeing 75-80 entries in C class at most any National. Most were back yard looking riders too. Today, it seems half of C class have full graphic kits, long travel, etc. Maybe the local racers are too intimated to race a national? I know the industry is down & it's a bit different paying $3.50/gal vs $2.00/gal as it was ten years ago. In my area, many have just grown up and gotten out of the sport. I don't see a lot of young kids riding, let alone racing. If there's a National near ya, take some friends and go watch!!

blacknblue#2
03-25-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm glad the season is here. The off season, although shortened with the Pro-Challenge in Texas during the fall, still seemed too long. As long as Pro can keep 20 on the gate, I am usually happy to see it. Entries were in the 500s for Aonia.

I don't think local racers go to the Nationals like they used. I remember seeing 75-80 entries in C class at most any National. Most were back yard looking riders too. Today, it seems half of C class have full graphic kits, long travel, etc. Maybe the local racers are too intimated to race a national? I know the industry is down & it's a bit different paying $3.50/gal vs $2.00/gal as it was ten years ago. In my area, many have just grown up and gotten out of the sport. I don't see a lot of young kids riding, let alone racing. If there's a National near ya, take some friends and go watch!!
Went thru something similar in my area. 2005ish we had a group or about 12 riders. We all had nice new equipment, we eat sleep.and breathed riding. Rode every weekend, all weekend. There was a couple other friend groups in our area that were the same way...local rivals you could say. Time went on, we got older some gave it up and the ones that still ride dont race. The younger generation didn't follow our foot steps at all. Used to pass a load of new quads in town every Saturday but mot any more. Fresh out of schoolers aren't interested in riding like we were. The ones that are still call upon us to ride with because their friends aren't interested. We try to keep the interest alive in the area and it seems to be improving. We have 25 going on our annual hatfield ride.....a ride that has been down to 5 in recent years

Kovatch
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Just getting the local riders (atv MX'ers in my case) to race is near impossible. OMA (local Ohio sanction mx series) is going strong and hopefully it helps entice more riders locally, which ultimately feeds the National entries. Friends bring a friend... We would scrape change to get to Loretta's to race in 2003-2006. Watch or race, we were there. Now, I can't get people to even meet me at a local race.

Heck I drive 7+ hours just to go spectate some of the Nationals now. It's hard to afford the drive and race, but I'll hit up a few.

Blackblue, you better come to the national Briarcliff in June!! spectate or riding, I expect you there. haha.

blacknblue#2
03-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Just getting the local riders (atv MX'ers in my case) to race is near impossible. OMA (local Ohio sanction mx series) is going strong and hopefully it helps entice more riders locally, which ultimately feeds the National entries. Friends bring a friend... We would scrape change to get to Loretta's to race in 2003-2006. Watch or race, we were there. Now, I can't get people to even meet me at a local race.

Heck I drive 7+ hours just to go spectate some of the Nationals now. It's hard to afford the drive and race, but I'll hit up a few.

Blackblue, you better come to the national Briarcliff in June!! spectate or riding, I expect you there. haha.
Me and zyoung042001 already plan on being at the briarcliff national to spectate. The last 2 years 90% of my riding has been on a bike so trying a quad national would be like playing with a WV hooker unprotected. ......not good lol. We will have to meet up.

zyoung04
03-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Riding & racing mx is scarce around here. There aren't many tracks we can load up and hit within a hours drive and be guaranteed to ride. Ran into that problem last year.

I've been ready for the briar cliff race since it was scheduled. Like to be able to hit 2 of them but don't know bout that for sure yet. Not racing....just taking it all in. I'm hoping the monsoon don't hit again. Seemed like every other race had wet conditions.

Kovatch
03-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Is Chillitown around you guys? Maybe that's within the hour you referenced? Try Pitracer.com There are a TON of Ohio guys there. Mostly dirtbikers, but it's a good community/forum of riders in/around Ohio. Do you follow the OMA series? OMXA.net? They run Saturday practices and Sunday races (or practice and races on Saturdays). You can make it a full weekend to ride & race @ BC or even Chillitown.

I'll be at BC for sure, and probably a few other days. Ohio Crew Fest?! Quads only though, but it will be a full Saturday of open riding and racing. I believe it's May 10, Saturday...?

If there's not a lot of riding down there, I guess y'all will have to move up to the northern half of the state. JK!

zyoung04
03-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Chilli town is close and i thought they only raced bikes. I hadn't ever heard of either of those series haha I don't keep up with that stuff like I used to. We do have rock camp but they race om Friday nights up until high school football season is over. Working nights it's hard to make it up there. Any more I just like goin and riding racing is fun but I have more fun just loading up with the boy's and getting some air. We do have bar 2 bar which within a couple hours of here. Probably one the best tracks around.

That weekend in May is the weekend we will be in wv for our group ride.

josborn
03-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Chilli town is close and i thought they only raced bikes. I hadn't ever heard of either of those series haha I don't keep up with that stuff like I used to. We do have rock camp but they race om Friday nights up until high school football season is over. Working nights it's hard to make it up there. Any more I just like goin and riding racing is fun but I have more fun just loading up with the boy's and getting some air. We do have bar 2 bar which within a couple hours of here. Probably one the best tracks around.

That weekend in May is the weekend we will be in wv for our group ride.

Chillitown is bikes and quads> www.omxa.net

As for the BC National here you go:

www.briarcliffmx.com , click on the ATV National tab.

zyoung04
04-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Chillitown is bikes and quads> www.omxa.net

As for the BC National here you go:

www.briarcliffmx.com , click on the ATV National tab.

I'll be there gazing but not riding. Haha I'm not no where near in shape enough to try racing. Been waiting on this for a couple years now.

josborn
04-02-2014, 05:14 AM
I'll be there gazing but not riding. Haha I'm not no where near in shape enough to try racing. Been waiting on this for a couple years now.

I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed in spectating or racing. Dean asked for ooooohhhs and aaaaahhhs, and that what we are delivering. I have 30 pallets of "ooooohhhs and aaaaaahhhhs" on order.

zyoung04
04-03-2014, 04:04 AM
I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed in spectating or racing. Dean asked for ooooohhhs and aaaaahhhs, and that what we are delivering. I have 30 pallets of "ooooohhhs and aaaaaahhhhs" on order.

That's what I like to hear. Hopefully the big counts keep up and make things interesting. I hated to see ballance shut down but happy to see my home states best track make it on the schedule.