PDA

View Full Version : is your clutch like mine?

sluda400ex
03-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Ok so I've had my 400 for a while now and ever since I bought it it's been hard to pull my clutch lever in. I've changed my clutch with a tusk clutch with H.D springs and changed clutch cable. It's still hard to pull. Is it my perch assembly or what. Is anyone else's clutch like this. Is it a normal thing. I've ever rode another 400 besides mine.

chronicsmoke
03-20-2014, 11:01 AM
I've always had a stiff clutch, I'd replace cables anually but they were always burnt where it runs beside the exhaust header within a year.

I'm using a Tusk pack in my 400 too. I got a 250x cable and routed it around by the frame on the right side. The clutch is much better now, but I still notice it's the stiffest in the shop out of 2 450rs, YFZ450, Raptor 660 & KFX 400. I think I read somewhere you can change the lever on the clutch cover for better leverage.. typing this out reminded me that that is something I was going to look into lol.

sluda400ex
03-21-2014, 07:41 AM
I've always had a stiff clutch, I'd replace cables anually but they were always burnt where it runs beside the exhaust header within a year.

I'm using a Tusk pack in my 400 too. I got a 250x cable and routed it around by the frame on the right side. The clutch is much better now, but I still notice it's the stiffest in the shop out of 2 450rs, YFZ450, Raptor 660 & KFX 400. I think I read somewhere you can change the lever on the clutch cover for better leverage.. typing this out reminded me that that is something I was going to look into lol.

Alright never though of that. I like that idea. I have to keep that in mind. I don't mind it but after a long day riding it really starts to wear on the ol fore arms lol. I been thinking about a shorty perch assembly

Crosshairs
03-25-2014, 05:42 PM
My clutch is completely stock and is very easy to pull..you said you have HD springs....those will increase the effort needed to pull the lever..unless you have some serious mods, a stock clutch is all that's really needed

sluda400ex
03-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Alright. Thanks crosshairs good to know. It don't bother me just trying to make life easier for my ol lady lol