PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Problems

ajdsquared
03-18-2014, 05:44 PM
So my '05 Honda 400 has been sitting in the garage for about 2 years and i finally pulled her out. Drained the gas (that i forgot to empty..), cleaned the carb, drained the oil and replaced it. New battery, was going to do the spark plug until i found its impossible to get too. Anyways it started up first time, no problem. Ran off and on for maybe 2 hours total and i was in 5th going down the road and it just suddenly died. At first it would only idle with full choke although it sounded horrible. Now it wont even start. Any ideas guys??

07.5 lmm
03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
sounds like its not getting fuel I would clean the petcock and lines to start.

atvrider13
03-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Out of gas???

DragonGunner
03-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Out of gas???

Buddy on a Raptor had this happen. We were way out on the trails and it died...."Got gas?" ...he said he filled up before we left. Me and his brother messed with for 20 minutes.....finally I took off the gas cap and it was bone dry on reserve, so he had nothing....I said...."You out of gas, bone dry." His brother was so mad he cussed him and got on his Banshee and left him....he spent the next hour walking clear back to a farm house and found someone to give him some gas.

Back to the OP...if you have gas I would pull the carb and clean everything again, make sure you take out the jets and make sure they are clear.

exrider23
04-02-2014, 01:14 PM
sounds like a jet problem like DragonGunner said... open the bottom of the carb and take the main and pilot jet out, spray em with some carb cleaner and spray the float. Since the carb is already off take the gas line and blow some air through it.