PDA

View Full Version : worcs round#3 live streaming. Awesome idea, bad judgement

oscarmayer
03-17-2014, 07:17 AM
This weekend, WORCS was able to perform live streaming of the event happening live! It was awesome to watch live coverage and to see what is happening real time. But, that is where things ended.
After the "Pros" finished their race, they stopped covering any other races; they would occasionally show a blip of the minis racing or other races, but spend the rest of the time covering pit shots of the camera techs and announcers arguing or pit crews setting up, but ignored shots of the actual racing. While I totally get that covering the "Pros" is important for the sponsors and racing it is in my opinion just as equ8lily important to cover the other races. Record the interviews and make any edits needed and post them later, but continue race coverage (you’re not ESPN and do not have the ability so switch it easily). There were a total of 48 viewers for the day on Sunday watching. Why did it drop from 1200 on Sat? The LACK of race coverage, just like on Saturday they spent all their extra time covering pits and other stuff not racing. If I was new to doing this stuff the only thing I would focus on would be race coverage. Why? Because I would need to get everyone interested in what I do before I start trying to put the cart before the horse. Something tells me the announcer guy in the "pink hat and glasses" is a real pompous as we got to see him throwing fits in the pits at the camera and tech guys. WTH??? Is he an adult or a child?

Anyway, myself and many others were not happy with the coverage, and several during chat voiced their opinions. If they (WORCS) want this to catch on and continue, they need to stop trying to be a fox news and start covering just racing for now. That includes minis and non-pro classes. After all WE want to see racing not lip service....

ontargetracing
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I really don't like how the run the series at all and we would not be racing it if it were not for the lack of competition in the other series around here. The run the mini races late in the day and on the roughest track possible, they water the track before and during the mini race so it is good for the pros later (thought this was desert racing), they cut portions of the course from the minis just to groom them for the sxs's etc... Basically if you are not in a sxs you are just an afterthought. And the fact that they would rather show sxs's sitting on the grid instead of showing the mini classes that had over 40 kids friends, family’s and sponsors wanting to see the action... GOOD JOB WORCS...! very disappointed to say the least

socalsavage
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
I agree with the mini racers not getting the nice groomed track. It is hard enough for them to get around the track then add the destruction of 5 to 7 races before them. They almost all had to be helped up the finish line hill and the mini quads were getting stuck on the ruts in the corners. Why not run the mini quads and mini bikes earlier ordo a little track maint on the modified course for them.