PDA

View Full Version : How long does a tank of gas last?

LxMxL97
03-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Last season I raced a 400ex and I could finish a full length xc race. I know the lengths of races differ a little from place to place but I run awrcs cra and a couple gnccs and I was wondering how long a tank of gas will last in terms of laps in a 450r the motor is all stock except a stage 2 hotcam

chronicsmoke
03-14-2014, 05:42 AM
I've got a stroker (471) with +1x4 valves and I need an exrea capacity tank.. I can make it but it's too close for comfort I hit reserve on my last lap and BARELY made it back to the pits

LxMxL97
03-14-2014, 08:54 AM
So you say that you don't need to pit and fuel up?

chronicsmoke
03-14-2014, 09:04 AM
So you say that you don't need to pit and fuel up?

I'm new to the XC world so I've only got one under my belt.. My bike is setup for MX but I'm racing both XC&MX @ 50" lol..

I'm going to get a + sized tank this spring.. Last time was too close for comfort, I ran out of gas in a rut, stalled and got stuck and lost at least 2 positions before I could get started/unstuck... If I had the tank would have been fine I wouldn't need to make a pit stop to sure.. (I'm not doing GNCC though so the length of the race could be different..)

LxMxL97
03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm new to the XC world so I've only got one under my belt.. My bike is setup for MX but I'm racing both XC&MX @ 50" lol..

I'm going to get a + sized tank this spring.. Last time was too close for comfort, I ran out of gas in a rut, stalled and got stuck and lost at least 2 positions before I could get started/unstuck... If I had the tank would have been fine I wouldn't need to make a pit stop to sure.. (I'm not doing GNCC though so the length of the race could be different..)
So you finished a race on a tank of gas.. how long was it?

CJM
03-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Race, not in a long time and not on my 450. But I will say that I can easily ride a good day on my tank. Probable actual ride time is 4-6 hrs. I have to swap to reserve after a long day tho.

Balaz_73*00
03-15-2014, 01:27 PM
I was able to run 2 hrs on a stock 04-05 tank without worry. I run the 04-05 carb which I think is a little better on fuel than the FCR. A couple races were just under 2.5 hrs and also made it, but was real low. I think it really depends on how fast the track is, and your riding style. An A class versus a C class rider will use different amounts given the same machine.

To sum it up, Id say regardless of class, on an 04-05 tank you can get 2 hrs easy without worry.

fastredrider44
03-15-2014, 07:35 PM
I can get maybe an hour and a half on my race bike with a stock tank, but I'm special:macho. I can finish a GNCC (2-2.5 hr) with a 4 gal tank with a little to spare. MOST guys can finish a 2 hr race with an 04-05 tank as long as it has the 04-05 carb and no rekluse.

chronicsmoke
03-17-2014, 06:07 AM
So you finished a race on a tank of gas.. how long was it?

Yah I finished.. on reserve :D. It was an hour and a half race.. I need a bigger one lol

LxMxL97
03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Well guys I finished I haven't checked to see how much gas I had left I will today when I go home and let you guys know what's left

upnorthridered
03-23-2014, 02:38 PM
i run 1.5 hr harescrambles and i usually use around 2 gallons a race and stock tank is 3.5 but i know a lot of the Yamaha guys can barely finish a race on a stock tank, i also don't run on the rev limiter like a lot of guys i have a rekluse and lug it around in the woods

LxMxL97
03-23-2014, 05:36 PM
i run 1.5 hr harescrambles and i usually use around 2 gallons a race and stock tank is 3.5 but i know a lot of the Yamaha guys can barely finish a race on a stock tank, i also don't run on the rev limiter like a lot of guys i have a rekluse and lug it around in the woods

I also used about the same.. How do you like the rekluse I've heard it has it's ups and downs

upnorthridered
03-24-2014, 08:32 PM
I love the rekluse the best mod I have done to the quad. we do a dead start I am always the first guy off the line can run entire race never use the clutch lever and never stalls

LxMxL97
03-25-2014, 04:51 AM
I REALLY want to get one for the reasons of a faster start and no stalls because sometimes when you gotta get off it's hard to find neutral but with it you can just hop off in gear it they sure are expensive.. How hard are they to adjust?

LxMxL97
03-25-2014, 04:55 AM
I love the rekluse the best mod I have done to the quad. we do a dead start I am always the first guy off the line can run entire race never use the clutch lever and never stalls

How hard are they to adjust/install the adjustment looks like its a pretty complex deal

upnorthridered
03-25-2014, 05:13 PM
I have used it for 2 seasons and haven't had to adjust it yet after the first set up they aren't bad to install and set up at least I didn't think so. I have also noticed less wear on the trans fluid and the clutch fibers still look new. i would totally recommend it to anybody thinking about it. u can be in third gear lock up rear brake come to a complete stop and get back on the gas and it wont die and never touch the clutch lever the whole time. but you can pull the clutch in and it rev it up like normal it is a awesome product