PDA

View Full Version : Need some trouble shooting help with bombardier ds 50 2 stroke

jm_middleton07
03-12-2014, 01:53 PM
First off just want to say hello. This is my first post on this forum. I recently purchased a 2002 ds50. It is in rough shape but it will give me a project to work on. I would like to set it up for a nice woods quad for my 6 year old. So if you have some performance parts, extended a arms etc. laying around let me know.

I cant get it to start. It might have hit a couple times but never started. Just cranks and cranks. When i test the spark plug it has spark but it is usually gas covered.
Below is what i have checked so far:
cleaned the carb
checked the compression (120psi) after 5 or so kicks ( it didnt leak off after 15 min or so)
checked for spark
removed spark arrestor

The wiring has been hacked up and i dont have a wiring diagram so that could be the issue but i do have spark. Im going to replace the spark plug and get new gasoline oil mix this evening to make sure it is not fuel related. The oil injector has been blocked off on this unit. It looks like the oil container has been removed and the line to the injector was blocked off. Not sure if this would cause a problem but i seen the unit running two months ago and it has only set since then or so i was told.

Im just stumped but im not a 2 stroke man either. Always messed with 4 stroke engines. I appreciate any help i can get.

fomospede
03-12-2014, 03:33 PM
crank seal will be a tough start issue
will it pop on ether ?

jm_middleton07
03-12-2014, 03:59 PM
crank seal will be a tough start issue
will it pop on ether ?

I will check it tonight and see. I did forget a couple things when i said the wiring was hacked up. It starts from a toggle and the safeties have been removed. Would i still get a spark if there was an issue with a safety or cdi or something? Just throwing out ideas. I will post back after i run to auto parts store and get ether, new plug and some fresh fuel.

jm_middleton07
03-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I will check it tonight and see. I did forget a couple things when i said the wiring was hacked up. It starts from a toggle and the safeties have been removed. Would i still get a spark if there was an issue with a safety or cdi or something? Just throwing out ideas. I will post back after i run to auto parts store and get ether, new plug and some fresh fuel.

Well i picked up some starting fluid, couple spark plugs and some fresh gas. It took a little bit but i got it running. I guess the spark plug was weak and the gas was old. It is still hard to start cold. I will still be looking for some parts to mod this thing with. I would like to have some predator 90 plastics for it. Any thing that will fit on it would be worth contacting me about. I would love to have an aftermarket pipe to start with. Thanks