PDA

View Full Version : 3 Weeks until the Gate drops! 50 classes, who is in? Thoughts?

teambeanfield
02-28-2014, 05:00 PM
I am getting anxious as Georgia gets closer! For the 50 classes who is in? We lost some fast kids last year so who are the ones to watch?

Your thoughts?

teambeanfield
03-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Nothing? Nobody? C'mon guys and gals help us out! He followed the Nationals and now we are gonna race um hopefully! Just curious as a newbie what we are getting into!

Logan #34's Dad
03-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Ya singled out the 50 classes... Not a lot of them on here...mostly cause they are newbie's too.
We'll be there and hopefully ready to roll. I-77 South for us.

bigdaddy77
03-02-2014, 07:38 AM
Im sure there is plenty of fast 50cc kids. The Hale boy , Brandon Lynch from Columbia Mo and Brody Runyon from Olney Ill are few that should run up front. What 50 class are you running.

teambeanfield
03-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Open, CVT and possibly Single Speed. 1st year at nationals for us.....

nastynotchback1
03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Hale is out as far as i know.Cushman is still in.

hensonfamfun
03-03-2014, 12:52 PM
There is always a surprises in this class. I like Cushman but I'm a lot prejudice. I also like Mason Jackson. The kid can roll and is fun to watch. I would imagine that if Fast Jack(last name alludes me. Just remember fast jack. Ha) is riding in this class then he too can compete with the best of them. Some of our best friends in racing are parents of kids we raced in this class so hope you enjoy as well teambeanfield. There you go. My two cents.

Keith J
03-03-2014, 01:04 PM
The Runyon kid in SS and Open and the Jackson kid in CVT and Open. They went head to head at the Pro Challenge this past year with the Jackson kid on a Semi Stock CVT bike and Runyon won that one. I don't kno what will happen with Mason on a fully built CVT bike...

Look for us at the back of the pack at MN in 50 CVT and Open...hahahaa

teambeanfield
03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks folks. Our first year of hopefully many. Fast Jack is a friend and definitely can roll. He was with a large group of very fast kids that came to our Pro Day last October at our place/track! If the other familiar names mentioned has his speed we have our work cut out for us!

Thanks again!

bigdaddy77
03-03-2014, 06:21 PM
My best advice to you is to have your rider race the track not the other riders. Last year we raced 3 Nationals and we made the mistakes of watching all the quad father videos and checking lap times and all the other carp. By the time Adam got to his first race he was star struck seeing the kids from YouTube in person. He let his nerves get the best of him and it took 2 practice sessions just to get him halfway up to speed.
He also is pretty tentative on new tracks so definitely a disadvantage .
So I would have your rider go out and forget about the other kids and build on his lap times . If he is consistently getting faster with every lap what more can you ask for. Also for your sake you may want to take a peak at last year lap times and see just how far off the pace or ahead of it you are after the first practice or so. But remember most of last year was run in the mud. Most important is to just have fun .

hensonfamfun
03-03-2014, 08:34 PM
My best advice to you is to have your rider race the track not the other riders. Last year we raced 3 Nationals and we made the mistakes of watching all the quad father videos and checking lap times and all the other carp. By the time Adam got to his first race he was star struck seeing the kids from YouTube in person. He let his nerves get the best of him and it took 2 practice sessions just to get him halfway up to speed.
He also is pretty tentative on new tracks so definitely a disadvantage .
So I would have your rider go out and forget about the other kids and build on his lap times . If he is consistently getting faster with every lap what more can you ask for. Also for your sake you may want to take a peak at last year lap times and see just how far off the pace or ahead of it you are after the first practice or so. But remember most of last year was run in the mud. Most important is to just have fun .

Honestly I wouldn't worry about lap times from last year or even year before. Hard one to judge. Last years 50 class raced earlier on a laid down track so was not as rough. Kids year before raced after pros on a beat up track. Good advice tho. Go and work on your speed and where you think they can better their time. Best time you will have is on those 50s so enjoy!

Logan #34's Dad
03-03-2014, 09:08 PM
I would imagine that if Fast Jack(last name alludes me. Just remember fast jack. Ha) is riding in this class then he too can compete with the best of them.

I think the Winland boy went to the dark side.... 2 WHEELS!