PDA

View Full Version : Annual Hatfield McCoy trip

OldGuyonaQuad
02-23-2014, 08:37 PM
My brother and I are lining up our annual H/Mc trip. probably mid to late May. We really liked Ashland resort and the Indian Ridge trails with connectors to Pocahontas & Pinnacle Creek. We have two spots in the motor home and others are welcome to follow us or meet up down there. Gas and tolls run about $250 per head round trip and then another $80 a piece for the camp site basd on last years trip. Maybe $30 for food. Annual passes are $50. Hit me up or PM me if you are interested. Final date is flexible on our end.

blacknblue#2
03-05-2014, 11:51 AM
We are doing our annual May HM trip also, May 8-11 for us but we will be riding the rockhouse. Be my 12th consecutive year as a HM rider. 2 months away and Im pumped already lol

OldGuyonaQuad
03-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Nice, have a great time. Rockhouse has a lot more lodging and dinning options but that 10 mile connector gets to be a grind for me. There was only one trail on the backside where you can get it in 5th gear for a little bit I want to say trail 50? The ride from Indian Ridge to Pocahontas is beautiful and has some wide open flats for high speeds. Plus we rode the mountain roads on the way home and never got hassled. These roads seamed more suitable for ATV's then cars. If you eat at the Restaurant across from the connector in Gilbert order the burger not the special. Be safe bro those bends are narrow and the cliffs steep on the connector.