PDA

View Full Version : New to me, KFX80

Astrobass
02-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Bought a KFX80 for my son over the weekend. The guy that owned it, didn't know much about them, had the engine rebuilt on it after the oil injection went out, (I'm assuming that the guy that rebuilt it, removed the oil pump drive gear, because the pump doesn't pump any oil). Now, I have the part number of the piston that was put back in it, but I'm not sure the size, I would like to know, so that I can know in the future, if it is stock bore, or .5mm overbore. Anyway, my piston part number that was put in, is stock Suzuki item #99996-s010. Now on the box, it has .5 on it, but I'm not sure if that is referencing it to 50.5mm or 50 mm. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

LT80
02-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the forums.
.5 would mean the it is a 50.5mm piston in it.
12100-40B00-050 would be the Suzuki part number. Your piston is not a stock Suzuki.
I suspect it's a Wiseco.
32:1 is the oil ratio I recommend and that's with a good synthetic oil.

Astrobass
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forums.
.5 would mean the it is a 50.5mm piston in it.
12100-40B00-050 would be the Suzuki part number. Your piston is not a stock Suzuki.
I suspect it's a Wiseco.
32:1 is the oil ratio I recommend and that's with a good synthetic oil.

Weird. It came in a box with Suzuki stamped on it. No matter, I'm fine with Wiseco, they've been in the business many years. I'm going to mix it at 32:1, what brand of oil is recommended?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! I've been reading the forum on these atv's and you really know your stuff, glad to have your knowledge of them around! Only problem I see, is that you aren't my neighbor. LOL

LT80
02-19-2014, 02:20 PM
LOL
I like Torco GP-7 (my personal favorite but a hard find), Redline is a very good oil. Klotz R-50 and Maxima Super-M are ok.

Astrobass
02-20-2014, 05:38 AM
LOL
I like Torco GP-7 (my personal favorite but a hard find), Redline is a very good oil. Klotz R-50 and Maxima Super-M are ok.

Cool. Thanks man! My son is already loving the new found power over his LT50 he just graduated from. I'm sure in the coming months, I'll be seeking your advice. :)