PDA

View Full Version : chain recommendation sidewinder

Drifterboy3
02-10-2014, 02:21 PM
does any body have anything to say about sidewinder chains? everything i have read is great. however i am a little tight on cash right now so i am considering a primary drive chain from rocky mountain. even though they are cheap i have read some alright things about them ho about any other brands?

CJM
02-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Primary drive is fine, been running one on my 450 for awhile and had one on my 400ex as well. buddy runs one on his 400 too

KKiowaTJ
02-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Go to rmatv, They have an extra 10% off chain and sprockets kits right now. I went with the PD gold x-ring, All I can say is it looks cool so far lol. But they had the best reviews and many members have no problems except alloy sprockets don't hold up so good im told. No reason to waste money when you can get the same item for a heck of a lot less.

Drifterboy3
02-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Go to rmatv, They have an extra 10% off chain and sprockets kits right now. I went with the PD gold x-ring, All I can say is it looks cool so far lol. But they had the best reviews and many members have no problems except alloy sprockets don't hold up so good im told. No reason to waste money when you can get the same item for a heck of a lot less.

Ya I was checking out that deal. A big reason I'm considering the sidewinder is that they have a lifetime warranty and I priced one at 95 shipped. Which is cheaper than some others.

KKiowaTJ
02-10-2014, 09:10 PM
If you don't need the sprockets and go through chains, Lifetime would be the best bet. If its with-in a few bucks id buy the lifetime, But I wouldn't go out of the way for it. To each their own, No real wrong choice

OZ-T
02-19-2014, 09:46 PM
If you got the money to do it, go sidewinder. I would, but could never fork out that kinda money for a chain and sprocket. On my 2002 EX I ran a new set of OEM sprockets and a D.I.D x-ring chain and never had a problem, I put several hundred hours on that thing and only had to adjust it twice the whole time I had it up until I traded the quad in on my 2013. When my current factory chain wears out I would go with another D.I.D in a heartbeat. Great chain and it only cost me about $60 bucks. Here is a link to one on ebay if you are interested. Sprockets need to be purchased separately as D.I.D does not make their own.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/230914760612?lpid=82