PDA

View Full Version : 2004 400ex with extras $1500 in NY

Mojave Magic
02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Sorry about the low post count, thought I had more, but maybe that was on the old exriders and they got wiped? I hate people that sign up just to sell, so I don't want to look like that.

2004 Honda 400ex $1500, NO TRADES or lowball offers, CL has given me enough of them! Selling because my brother moved and can't ride anymore, no major problems, ready to ride. Have transferrable reg from previous owner, but not title, because we never registered in NY. Still have their contact info and all texts from the sale if you want to check and make sure it's legit.

406cc bore with 11:1 piston (you can't make it 11:1 without a slight bore, stock is 397cc)
Ported head to match piston kit
Stock fuel tank, bigger tank in pictures NOT included.
Motoworks slipon pipe with jetting dialed in perfect
protective heat wrap on head pipe to keep from cooking your pants and heating the oil tank
Tusk red billet timing plugs, because the stock ones are junk and fell apart
Bottom end including transmission was redone last year and has between 6-8 races on it
newer gusseted frame
newer steering stem
custom modded foot pegs with turned up ends for better grip
Gt Thunder revalved rear shock
Gt Thunder XC linkage
Full chassis skid plate and custom swingarm max clearance skid plate
Lonestar dual row rear bearing carrier
nerf bars
Swingarm bearings were just done and linkage bearings greased while I was in there
Full service manual on CD

21" Itp Holeshot front tires around 60-65% Stock aluminum rims on front
20" Kenda Kutter rears with custom grooving around 60-65%. These rear tires are my personal favorite and I won't run anything else in the rear. Douglas Yellow label aluminum rear rims. Tires lose pressure if they sit for a week or more, but I can't find any big leaks.

The stock headlight/start switch melted, so headlights are wired to come on with the key and it now has a tether kill switch and waterproof Cannondale start button in its place. Also leaves the bars looking much cleaner. One headlight bulb is out.

The front bumper in the picture has cracks at the mounts. Can be welded if you are good with aluminum.

Carb was just cleaned, air filter cleaned and oiled, and valves checked. Oil and filter was recently changed and I have an extra filter to go with it. It is ready to hop on and trail ride or race xc if you wanted.

Includes old transmission parts and clutch basket with some life left in them. Also have an extra rear shock minus the spring. Extra parts carb included as well.

$1500

My zip is 12566, but I can deliver at or near just about any Gncc