PDA

View Full Version : AMA for gncc??

Drifterboy3
02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
hey guys i heard gncc is going back to AMA sanctioned. so you need membership to race. i ride quads so i would rather join ATVA does any one know if there is a difference?

also sorry for posting here, but i cna post under the race forum.

DragonGunner
02-07-2014, 12:39 PM
What I'm told is that if you race in the GNCC you will need AMA......again.

http://gnccracing.com/pages/race-fees

Drifterboy3
02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
but do you know if i can get the ATVA or is it different?

Drifterboy3
02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
alright i founnd my answer on the website. an ATVA membership allows access to any AMA /ATVA sanctioned event.

Longdong
02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Ama, atva is the same thing.

400man
02-09-2014, 08:22 AM
well, guess I wont be doing anymore GNCC's, especially since they took out my hometown track, the mammoth.

But there is a new series just starting up this year in ky called bluegrass xc, all the races are pretty close to me and in-state. I gonna try to do every race for points and see how it works out. theres even plenty of time between each one so I can fix my bike if needed.

Longdong
02-09-2014, 10:03 AM
We will be at the ones co-sanctioned races with the maxc. The maxc series runs in that southern east side of Indiana.

MoparManiac117
02-12-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm planning on racing Bluegrass XC this season too. Haven't had a chance to really get out and ride yet because of all the snow. Really gonna try to get out this weekend, though.

Longdong
02-12-2014, 07:04 PM
We haven't rode much either. We have had 52 inches the last 30 days.

zyoung04
02-13-2014, 03:06 AM
I seen where there was a few guys that are going to back out of the mx series next year because of AMA changing rules and it made a few mad. Why would the Gncc want the AMA in if its running guys away from the mx series? Or is there something im missing here?

Seems to me the gncc has a good thing goin without the AMA being involved.

Longdong
02-14-2014, 05:29 AM
There is pros and cons of the ama. I feel way more positives than negatives. Fact is the ama brings in more sponcers it's easier to get a sponcer for a ama series. On the motorcross side I think it's the series owners not the ama. Motorcross is dying and xc has bigger numbers than ever. The 2 main xc series in Indiana pull bigger numbers than atva motorcross nationals.

zyoung04
02-14-2014, 03:06 PM
From I've read the riders in mx aren't happy with the way AMA runs things. I know last year they done some things I didn't agree with like sending the guys out on a dangerous track instead of moving the start time back and let things dry out. Yea they do bring in more sponsors but stuff like that would drive me away to. They struggle to get a full gate at the mx races, used to that was no problem. WPSA was where it was at but that didn't last. Mx is dying u are right though but by doing stuff to make they riders mad isn't helping the sport any either.

Longdong
02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
That was the owner of the series that made them do that not ama.

Drifterboy3
02-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Zyoung04 I don't know how many XC races you watch but it seems like the wetter the track the better the racing is!

MtnEX
02-14-2014, 10:49 PM
The flag drops at real XC races regardless of conditions. It's part of the action. But I do understand MX is different.

In any event, GNCC was AMA sanctioned before. Then I guess they got in a squabble and dropped AMA for a couple of years. Now it is back.

I think it all boils down to kickback $ from the AMA to GNCC for them to agree to be AMA sanctioned. Without the $ aspect, there is zero benefit to the GNCC series. It will do nothing but hurt their numbers for racer turnout and we all know that.

It's a big load of crap. Most of the dues go to the salaries of top AMA staff and kickbacks to several championship series. And then a little bit is spent here and there on "protecting" but most of it is spent for street motorcycle type stuff. They do almost nothing for ATV riders to protect our rights unfortunately.

Pisses me off pretty bad because my ATV rights are really being violated on my own damn land. Protecting my right to ride my ***. They ain't even protecting my right to work on my quad on my own damn property. I can't even as much as crank my 4 strokes to adjust my pilot screw without the sheriffs department showing up.... and the fact it is the sheriffs department goes to show I'm not living in no fancy neighborhood in suburbia.