PDA

View Full Version : Led lightbar?

LxMxL97
01-31-2014, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know of a led lightbar that will fit in the scoop on a maier hood that's not just for looks buts actually bright and doesn't Cost $150

CJM
01-31-2014, 06:05 PM
I dont know of one that will fit happily there, probably a 4-6" bar would work. They are expensive b/c you get what you pay for, Ive seen plenty of knock offs and they are ok but you can tell the quality isnt as good as say rigid or solstice LED's.

On my 450r I bought some mounts for my handlebars that are meant to put lights on a rollbar/cage. They mount to the bars sort of like the levers do but have a 1/2 tab that sticks out. I took a set of rigid dually (4 led ones) and put them on there using a flat piece of aluminum I had laying around. I bought the rigid b/c they are known to be good quality-and even used I paid 150-they go for about 200 new. Then I wired them to the high beams on the light harness (you dont need high beams anymore lol). They work great! I wanted them mounted that way b/c I wanted to see with the bars instead of the bike-but I think ill be changing it up to mount to the lower steering stem area where the bar clamps go b/c they interfere with the cables and stuff a bit.

sorry to ramble on a bit.

Stickman400
01-31-2014, 11:50 PM
Never really though about this, but along with the stupid bright HIDs I have on mine it'd be sick to have 2 of something like that pointing out at an angle on each side from the front under the fenders, like the Baja guys do. Be a crazy amount of light for night riding.

cheater13
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Never really though about this, but along with the stupid bright HIDs I have on mine it'd be sick to have 2 of something like that pointing out at an angle on each side from the front under the fenders, like the Baja guys do. Be a crazy amount of light for night riding.
How easy were the HIDs to install? Just curious because I'm blacking out my headlight.

LxMxL97
02-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I've already got a 6in rigid that is a flood pattern but I want a small spot to track out there

Stickman400
02-02-2014, 02:02 PM
How easy were the HIDs to install? Just curious because I'm blacking out my headlight.

Putting the bulbs and wiring in wasn't bad. The hard part is stuffing all the extra wiring in there and finding a good place to mount the ballasts.

KKiowaTJ
02-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Stick with rigid industries, Best on the market and are sealed great. When we rock crawl, Some guys run rock lites, Just LED's in the fender so you can see tire placement. But I don't need them if between two who do they are that bright. The best ones IMO are the small square ones. Shoots a good pattern of sight out in front and the sides.
The 4" dulley or the dulley D2's are great. Pro Comp makes a few light bars that are decent priced and quality. Another cheaper alternative, Anzo usa makes a decent led light and not too bad on the wallet. That or look and see if smittybilt has any on the market. They will be half price than the others and quality isn't too bad but ya might have to silicone the housing to be safe.