PDA

View Full Version : Drr frame w/shifter

quadmx21
01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Has anyone put a shifter motor in a DRR frame? Been thinking about doing that and wondered if anyone else had some thoughts on it.

BradLoomis
01-31-2014, 08:55 AM
Yes I have, it is a lot of work to do it right. I can dig up pictures if you are interested. What are you planning on using the quad for? racing, TT, sand quad?

quadmx21
02-20-2014, 04:52 AM
Yes I would be interested in seeing pics, thanks. The shifter will be used as a practice quad for MX and he may race a little XC on it also. He has two drr's right now and I thought if I could get one to be a shifter then he can learn on it and at least the two would feel familiar when he rides one or the other.

BradLoomis
02-20-2014, 08:42 AM
The only reason that I ask, is that it is a lot of work to do and if you are paying to have it done... it is not worth it in my opinion. If you have the ability to do it yourself, it is worth it in my opinion, since I did it myself... many different ways.

Here is my photo bucket link and the DRR/CR85 http://s216.photobucket.com/user/X-Stream_Composites/library/Ozzy?sort=3&page=1

Don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get ahold of me. My boys have grown up now and I miss the time we had racing together, it goes by way to damn fast!

TTracer#22
03-09-2014, 09:03 AM
The only reason that I ask, is that it is a lot of work to do and if you are paying to have it done... it is not worth it in my opinion. If you have the ability to do it yourself, it is worth it in my opinion, since I did it myself... many different ways.

Here is my photo bucket link and the DRR/CR85 http://s216.photobucket.com/user/X-Stream_Composites/library/Ozzy?sort=3&page=1

Don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get ahold of me. My boys have grown up now and I miss the time we had racing together, it goes by way to damn fast!

Not to still the thread but Brad has tons of experience in this stuff and has helped my son for many years.

teambeanfield
03-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Not to still the thread but Brad has tons of experience in this stuff and has helped my son for many years.

Look under Toledo Ohio Craigslist. Search DRR under for sale items. My old quad is there! DRR with a fresh and very fast CR85 in it and it was built correctly! Nice quad for cheap.