PDA

View Full Version : Quad for my girlfriend

yzrider12
01-29-2014, 10:58 PM
I am new to this forum and it prolly has been talked about already but here is my dilemma. I'm really wanting to buy my girl a fourwheeler so that we have a mutual interest. She wanted a utility but I wasn't to fond with that idea because she wants the big ones. But after showing her a couple sport quads she changed her mind. But I switched to a dirtbike so I'm out of the quad reviews. She likes the kfx400, dvx400, and the z400. I know the dvx is pretty much a copy cat quad but what one would be better? She knows her way around a quad but she still only weighs around 110 pounds. She doesn't want a blaster because she wants one quad that she can fine tune her skills with and still feel like it has plenty of power. Which bike do you guys think would be good? It'll be mainly pasture rides or some easy trails for quite awhile.

Woods Ready
02-03-2014, 02:17 PM
The KFX and Z are essentially the exact same quad. The DVX differs in a few cosmetic areas, but is really the same thing too. Any of them would be good for her.

Have you or her considered the 250s? Let quad to get away from her, but still enough motor to have a blast ripping around a field and easy trails.

JasonM
02-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Just my opinion, but the 400s aren't really good quads for beginners. They are very fast and easy to get into trouble with. What about a 300ex?

yzrider12
02-03-2014, 05:17 PM
I've thought about both 250s and even a 300ex. I guess I should've asked what was a good sport quad. She wants easy with reverse and she doesn't want it to beat the hell out of her either. She is tiny but still said she didn't like how small the blasters looked. But I want her to have plenty of power to crawl up hills even though they wouldn't be hills as big as I'd go up. I don't want her to feel like I only trust her will something that is underpowered or slow. All the help is appreciated.

JasonM
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I got my wife a fuel injected z400, and she didn't like it. She complained that it was too responsive and felt too big. Basically, I think she was scared of it. So then I got her a z250, and I took the z400 for myself. I don't like the z250, because it's really not a sport quad, and isn't well suited for jumping, which she has started doing recently. I think the 300 is the right answer for most people in this situation. It's not so fast that it will intimidate new riders and you can mod the crap out of it, if you want to.

Maybe a raptor 250, but their frames are really small, and I don't think they have reverse. They're really lightweight though, which could be a bonus if she rides aggresively. There's also a canam 250, but I haven't look at it much.