PDA

View Full Version : engine mod info?????

EXDUNER127
03-21-2003, 08:21 AM
Can you jus tput in a performance cam/ or jus t a bigger piston in a 400ex and notice a difference, or should I wait till I have enough money to do both...

JD400exrider
03-21-2003, 08:34 AM
I would wait to do both and possibly more at the same time. One complimenmts the other for more power. I am getting ready to do a 416 kit also. I have the cam, cam chain, gaskets, heavy duty clutch springs.
I am waiting to get enough money to port polish, new valve springs, three angle valve job with new intake valves and possibly a carb or some carb boring on the stocker. I don't think all the people on here do the cam chain or port and polish and valve springs with drop in cams. I just want as much reliablity as possible. Good Luck with your project.

Steve-o 400EX
03-21-2003, 02:00 PM
I agree, ya gotta do it all at once. You wont see the gains if ya dont and you risk wearing out other parts. Also it will keep ya from tearin down ur motor 5 times.

RED121572
03-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Heres my 2cts,

Everytime you open your motor up, your costing yourself an oil change and gaskets. Too save some cash in the long run, consider installing the piston and cam at the sametime.

Good luck!!:D