PDA

View Full Version : Vacation time

KKiowaTJ
01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Well its been 6 years since we have had a 'family vacation' and we are due. Heading west to wally world is out, Been there and done that lol.

This time im limited to driving, A car, With no toys behind, Just a big road trip basically. Its a sight see/looking for a better area to live type thing. Im tired of cold and more cold. So this trip is going to be the southeast adventure. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and home. Maybe Tennessee if she wants.

First leg will be from Iowa to Georgia and from there.....

She wants to see old plantations and southern homes etc. I want to go to certain places for the 'fun factor' if not out of the way. Id love to catch a rock crawl or series race while down there, But don't think they will be running. But a hot off road park would be nice with 40"+ tires and 500hp would be nice to see.
After Georgia is Alabama and so on as listed. I would like to go down some old backwood roads, Paved, But still old school in terms of daily life and cool people.

Any advice would be great, Or points of interest in those states. Mainly driving and seeing as much as we can in a weekish. I like to go to places I have see in movies. I went to Sandusky, OH for the fact tommy boy was based there. I went to slippery's tavern in Wabasha MN where grumpy/grumpier old men were based. I like that kina crap and always get pic's and still have my catfish hunter shirt lol.
I was thinking bayou La Batre Alabama as that's where forrest gump was based. I like that crap for some reason.

But just looking for opinions and advice on cool chit to see or stuff that's cool not many know about etc. Thanks for any replies and advice you have.

CJM
01-27-2014, 02:36 PM
If you can swing kentucky-you want to go to knob creek shooting range..trust me!

KKiowaTJ
01-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Its 'her' vacation/spring break. I used to go to them every year and told her about them and she wants to go on one as it her last semester in college. She said she wants to go to the south and see plantations and such. Fine by me, Shes paying for it lmao. Our son has never been on a vacation so that too. Hes cool though, I live in the sticks and an hour to town, Never cries, *****es or I have to potty crap. So that wont slow us up.
She also wants 'warm' weather, Which IMO everyone is cold as heck, No escaping it this year!

Bruce Anderson
02-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Don't forget that California and Baja have decided not to participate in Winter this year. Come out to California. Some of the best desert riding available. Contact me if you have questions.

Scro
02-19-2014, 07:39 PM
It would be a long trek, but Savannah, GA is awesome.