PDA

View Full Version : more JUNK??

blacknblue#2
01-22-2014, 10:46 AM
What are your opinions? To me it will never sell good. It will never be a pilot and why give 10 grand ++ for something that will only haul one person no matter what. plus at 32HP your riding a 600LB 400EX

Scro
01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
It's just a feeler to gauge interest. Look for the sport version, with more power and better suspension, in the coming years. I think they'll sell like hotcakes.

For those that don't visit the homepage:

http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/polaris-2014-sportsman-ace.html

blacknblue#2
01-22-2014, 11:38 AM
A sportier version may do good, but i dont see this one doing good. Any idea what an MSRP will be? I couldnt find it. IMO if i was going to spend anything over 10 grand i would buy a 50 inch 800 RZR for 10,900. More power, Same quality, and the option to haul a helping hand with you if you need help doing whatever your doing. If it was down around 8 grand it may sell good but i dont think we will get that lucky, You cant buy a sportsman quad for that anymore. Only reson I hope for it to sell good will be to open hondas eyes

turdboy
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I think it's cheesy, if I were to buy a utv's it's because they can haul 2people. This thing is like a nerdy sportsman with a cage.

zyoung04
01-23-2014, 03:43 AM
Boy I love to make fun of JUNK. I wouldn't own a Polaris weed whacker if they made one. But I know some people that swear by that star.

beastlywarrior
01-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Heard its around 7,500. I like it, problem I have with the side by sides is how big they are. I think this is perfect but would prefer the 570 motor, the 300 is not enough to push something that weighs that much around here without burning belts

Honda5
01-24-2014, 04:54 AM
Looks pretty cool to me but needs more motor. I have a 800s and it barely has enough motor. I was one that bashed polaris but they at least put something out there like this. I'm sure it won't be long and canam will put one out.

alanbmx
01-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Boy I love to make fun of JUNK. I wouldn't own a Polaris weed whacker if they made one. But I know some people that swear by that star.

Polaris rzr's and the Maverick are the only things keeping the dealers open right now, quads are not exactly flying off the shelves, our local dealers have 10-20 rzrs on the showroom floor at all times half with sold signs on them, and maybe 1 yfz, 1 raptor, and 1 trx, and no one is buying. The dunes are packed with brand new rzrs and people brand new to off roading, this forum is dead and the Polaris forums are blowing up, so you are swimming against the tide. As for this little 1 seater, soon it will be a 900 or bigger and a new class in racing. And Razors are keeping the aftermarket guys in business too.

Anything to keep the sport going I say

CJM
01-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Changing times so to speak. First everyone had to have banshees, 250's and quadzillas, then everyone wanted a 400ex or zuki 400, then came the 450s, now its side by sides. The next trend will come sooner or later, maybe 650cc powered sport quads :)

For the price of one of them razors thats actually the sport one like 900cc Id rather build a sand rail myself and power it with a VW engine or something.

alanbmx
01-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Changing times so to speak. First everyone had to have banshees, 250's and quadzillas, then everyone wanted a 400ex or zuki 400, then came the 450s, now its side by sides. The next trend will come sooner or later, maybe 650cc powered sport quads :)

For the price of one of them razors thats actually the sport one like 900cc Id rather build a sand rail myself and power it with a VW engine or something.

if I was in one of those my ribs would not be all busted up right now. lol:cuss:... every time I think I want one of those I see them barely making it up Oldsmobile at Glamis (our drag race hill) I don't want it any more. Have to put about $5000-$10,000 into them to go as fast as a quad up it, but they do look fun everywhere else
http://youtu.be/KgRC8v_7XA4

CJM
01-24-2014, 05:43 PM
if I was in one of those my ribs would not be all busted up right now. lol:cuss:... every time I think I want one of those I see them barely making it up Oldsmobile at Glamis (our drag race hill) I don't want it any more. Have to put about $5000-$10,000 into them to go as fast as a quad up it, but they do look fun everywhere else
http://youtu.be/KgRC8v_7XA4

I honestly feel they sit to high and to narrow to be a good platform. I honestly like those redline revolts as they are mroe of a buggy than the razor is-but they cost alot.

I figure I could find plans for 50 bucks online, bend most of the tubing myself and weld it with a buddy. Then we go look on craigslist for an old camaro or whatever with a 350 or we use a VW tuned up and bingo. 10k easy and done and WAY faster than a razor. WHat kills most people buying premade rails is the cost of fabricating it, time isnt cheap and thats what it takes-time. Course and odyssey and a snowmobile engine perhaps would be sweet lol.

zyoung04
01-25-2014, 01:04 AM
Polaris rzr's and the Maverick are the only things keeping the dealers open right now, quads are not exactly flying off the shelves, our local dealers have 10-20 rzrs on the showroom floor at all times half with sold signs on them, and maybe 1 yfz, 1 raptor, and 1 trx, and no one is buying. The dunes are packed with brand new rzrs and people brand new to off roading, this forum is dead and the Polaris forums are blowing up, so you are swimming against the tide. As for this little 1 seater, soon it will be a 900 or bigger and a new class in racing. And Razors are keeping the aftermarket guys in business too.

Anything to keep the sport going I say

I agree with ya they have kept the atv business afloat in the last few years. I just don't like the quality of Polaris and will never own another thing with that star on it. Around here im probably one of the very few that have a newer sport quad. A guy on here can vouch for me. I have a cousin that has everyone and their brother convinced that Polaris is greatest thing on the market, and he'll argue til ur blue in the face about can ams being junk.

I have no reason or desireis to own a rzr or mav either one, if I was to own one it would be a mav. Out of the 50 people I know of that have side by sides their rzrs except one and its a mav. The guy cart wheeled it here awhile back and kept on trucking. I had one friend flop a rzr on its side and it straight junked the cage. Polaris quality is horrible bottom line imo.

blacknblue#2
01-25-2014, 03:44 AM
I agree with ya they have kept the atv business afloat in the last few years. I just don't like the quality of Polaris and will never own another thing with that star on it. Around here im probably one of the very few that have a newer sport quad. A guy on here can vouch for me. I have a cousin that has everyone and their brother convinced that Polaris is greatest thing on the market, and he'll argue til ur blue in the face about can ams being junk.

I have no reason or desireis to own a rzr or mav either one, if I was to own one it would be a mav. Out of the 50 people I know of that have side by sides their rzrs except one and its a mav. The guy cart wheeled it here awhile back and kept on trucking. I had one friend flop a rzr on its side and it straight junked the cage. Polaris quality is horrible bottom line imo.

I wish you would have told my story but since you didnt Ill add the quick version of my story to polaris quality. I bought a 2011 RZR brand new in March 2011 By mid summer (about 300 miles) i needed a-arm bushings. Replaced and rode on. By late summer (about 600 miles) i now needed front wheel bearings AND a-arm bushings again. Pissed off but replaced. by spring 2012 i was ready to ride some more now (about 700 miles). I go to the barn one nice day to get it.....reeeeng reeeeeeeeng. Starter bendix is toast. Not a big deal right? 25 bucks. Yeah but the f-ing frame was built around the motor so the entire motor had to come out to replace the bendix that polaris wouldnt cover. SO within 700 miles i had ate 2 sets of bushings, a set of wheel bearings and a starter bendix. In april 2012 i took a huge loss on money and let someone else enjoy that overpriced P.O.S

Stickman400
01-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Damn, that sounds like a nightmare. I've got a friend with a 800 Razr (not sure what year, fairly new) and hasn't had any major problems with it as far as I know, atleast nothing he's regrets buying it for.

alanbmx
01-25-2014, 04:57 PM
I have drove my buddies 800 and the thing is a blast, he has been beating on that thing for 4 years now

Honda5
01-25-2014, 05:04 PM
I have only bought a set of plugs $15 for mine. I don't use it a bunch but when I do I beat it pretty hard.

KKiowaTJ
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM
For the money, Id build a tube buggy. If you went on the low buck build, You could get a 6.0L and harness out of a junk yard and 14 bolts are a dime a dozen and can be cut down for steering axles. Id rather have some HP and big meat under me than a small razr or can am.

I have straightened a few frames on them and for the money, Its a huge disappointment for what you could have had. If used for work around the farm and such they are fine, But to me a tuned up golf cart.

CJM
01-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Buddy of mine went down a hill and it fell on the nose. A tube buggy woulda been fine, that sucker folded up instantly.

alanbmx
01-26-2014, 10:12 AM
if you are going to get a buggy go big or go home. Time to mortgage the house....
http://youtu.be/6C9LHEJ9wnY
now that is the $hit
http://youtu.be/vwFH7nFVr3E

CJM
01-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Yep, those are SWEEET!!

Stickman400
01-26-2014, 05:41 PM
I can only dream of having something like that right now. Damn.:blah:

CJM
01-26-2014, 05:57 PM
I can only dream of having something like that right now. Damn.:blah:

You and me both. But I would also rather have a trophy truck lol :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJzDu-pY_ew

KKiowaTJ
01-26-2014, 07:33 PM
This one here is pretty much a mortgage when all was said and done with the build. Built it, Really hated it and with the money in it, Didn't care to keep it loosing $ by the day.

This is mine, Not as over the top, But still in the neighborhood $$ wise. Its not like that anymore, Different phases over the years. Hence the reason my thread is 'shoe string' lol.

My ZR2, Will be built into a mini lite or whatever they are called when I get a new truck. Its built for speed and im getting restless crawling and want to hit some triple digits. I do love the southern/throttle down crawling though, That's my next step.