PDA

View Full Version : Put in a megajump at South Fork Competition Park

quad2xtreme
01-21-2014, 03:47 PM
It is 110' to hit the downslope portion of the lander which extends 40' more so you could go 150' before flat landing. We gave a 20' buffer if you come up short and even rounded it so you wouldn't completely frame out. The lander is significantly wider than the take-off.

If you want to see more pics, "like" South Fork Competition Park page in Facebook.

/Jon

zyoung04
01-22-2014, 02:21 AM
Sharp looking place u got there. Wish u were closer here in southern Ohio its getting harder to find anywhere that'll allow us 4 wheeled machines to ride.

We made a trip last summer to a place we rode at quite a bit in 2012, we pulled in and got the "get out of here "kinda look from the bike guys that were there. At one point me and blacknblue#2 and some other friends pretty much kept the place in business for a few summers, so we thought we were alright. We unloaded started getting dressed and the guy that owns the place comes to tell us we couldn't ride cuz we would make to much dust and he would loose money if those other guys left. There was only about 6 bikes there and our 3 quads. Needless to say he wont be getting our business anymore. It was late in the afternoon probably around 3 or.so and it took us about 2hrs to get there. We just got out money back and just considered it a waste of time and fuel money to even try to go back again.

Good to see fellers like urself tend to both crowds. Cuz its scarce around here it seems like. Maybe I can talk the boys into making a road trip one weekend and see what ya got haha.

blacknblue#2
01-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Sharp looking place u got there. Wish u were closer here in southern Ohio its getting harder to find anywhere that'll allow us 4 wheeled machines to ride.

We made a trip last summer to a place we rode at quite a bit in 2012, we pulled in and got the "get out of here "kinda look from the bike guys that were there. At one point me and blacknblue#2 and some other friends pretty much kept the place in business for a few summers, so we thought we were alright. We unloaded started getting dressed and the guy that owns the place comes to tell us we couldn't ride cuz we would make to much dust and he would loose money if those other guys left. There was only about 6 bikes there and our 3 quads. Needless to say he wont be getting our business anymore. It was late in the afternoon probably around 3 or.so and it took us about 2hrs to get there. We just got out money back and just considered it a waste of time and fuel money to even try to go back again.

Good to see fellers like urself tend to both crowds. Cuz its scarce around here it seems like. Maybe I can talk the boys into making a road trip one weekend and see what ya got haha.

Something tells me big bird would like ^^^^^that jump!! lol

quad2xtreme
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Dust is a by-product of lazy track owners. We have an artesian well (basically can't run dry) that pumps 80+ gallons a minute plus we can pump from 2 ponds. It costs very little to run a big water truck around the track.

We have some "purist" on the bike side that don't like being on the track at the same time as the quads but they really don't mind riding on a track that quads have been on. In fact, many bike riders prefer it because the quads make nice wide ruts in our sand turns.

We don't open the park if 2 laps is going to result in a rider needing to powerwash and we won't open if we can't water. We have private track rentals during the week for $450 for 10 riders + $35 for each additional rider. It is a fully prepped track that is water throughout the day.

Riders aren't "lucky" or privileged to ride our park, we are honored and privileged to have them show up. We will always do what we can to make the experience as positive as possible.

We don't keep the money of any rider that shows up and wrecks in the first 30 minutes...nor if his/her bike blows up. We give out a free credit for another visit.

01boneless
01-22-2014, 02:32 PM
new Vienna zac?

Stickman400
01-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I'd like to see a video of a quad clearing that, looks sick. 110' quite a feat on a quad, not as much as it was back in the day though. I'm assuming there is a TON of run up to huck it and get some massive air?

zyoung04
01-23-2014, 03:35 AM
Dust is a by-product of lazy track owners. We have an artesian well (basically can't run dry) that pumps 80+ gallons a minute plus we can pump from 2 ponds. It costs very little to run a big water truck around the track.

We have some "purist" on the bike side that don't like being on the track at the same time as the quads but they really don't mind riding on a track that quads have been on. In fact, many bike riders prefer it because the quads make nice wide ruts in our sand turns.

We don't open the park if 2 laps is going to result in a rider needing to powerwash and we won't open if we can't water. We have private track rentals during the week for $450 for 10 riders + $35 for each additional rider. It is a fully prepped track that is water throughout the day.

Riders aren't "lucky" or privileged to ride our park, we are honored and privileged to have them show up. We will always do what we can to make the experience as positive as possible.

We don't keep the money of any rider that shows up and wrecks in the first 30 minutes...nor if his/her bike blows up. We give out a free credit for another visit.

Sounds like u want business no matter what. We even offered to go one at a time so it wasn't a total waste but there wasn't no reasoning. He never kept our money, were just out on fuel and the wasted day to get there. Im a pretty patient and easy goin guy but that got my blood boiling a lil. I will give the guy a lil benifit of a doubt bcuz it was a dry week, there was another boy standing right there with us that said it flat poured 2 days before and he lives about a 1/2 mile down the road after the owner told us it hadn't rained in 2 weeks. He was goin to get his quad once he seen we we're there but that got shut oh well lol live to fight another day I guess. Either way good looking place u got there.

Blacknblue#2 im sure the bird would like that big dog lol

quad2xtreme
01-23-2014, 06:34 AM
I'd like to see a video of a quad clearing that, looks sick. 110' quite a feat on a quad, not as much as it was back in the day though. I'm assuming there is a TON of run up to huck it and get some massive air?

We are just reopening the park after major changes. So far, nobody has hit it. Our test riders wanted no part of it because it was windy. Rider has to clear a double first and then there is still a huge run up to it. As soon as you land this jump you go around a large sweeper and hit another big straight with no jumps or anything. We wanted to build a high-speed section into the track.

The cool thing about this jump is it can be taken as a tabletop and then a stepup-to-table.

blacknblue#2
01-23-2014, 07:53 AM
The attached photo doesnt do this jump justice but the jump in the picture is real similar to what you have. You can see the landing to the small table to the right of my rear tires. This guy left the center in his where yours doesnt have any center. Which definitely plays a big part in gauging the jump The center to this jump is probably 5 foot tall from the level ground.You can see to the left where it starts going back up and rolling into the landing. As far as i know and have never heard any different I was the first quad to jump this one. It was all my CRF hybrid had out of a turn in 3rd. and i mean all it had. The turn killed me lol. A couple other buddies ended up jumping it after i took the gamble attempt

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/hyy_zps0a0c6ab2.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/aerospac/media/hyy_zps0a0c6ab2.jpg.html)

quad2xtreme
01-23-2014, 08:54 AM
This picture shows some perspective with people standing on the lander. This jump is a massive amount of dirt. Probably cost $7,000 to build as it took a Deere D700 dozer, Deere 200 excavator, and a dump truck. We actually built some other big jumps too and modified others. We spent about $25,000 on track changes...$3,000 in diesel fuel alone.

quad2xtreme
01-23-2014, 09:00 AM
This is the lander. I am pretty sure is a full 24' wide. One of our jumps has a 29' wide lander at the quad portion (95' jump).

chronicsmoke
01-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Badass!! :eek2:

Exrider434
01-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Will you guys be open during March, weather permitting? A couple of buddies and I are heading down to Durhamtown in GA and stopping at tracks along the way back in North and South Carolina the week of the 16th-22nd. Would be neat to check this place out.

quad2xtreme
01-26-2014, 07:32 AM
Our intention is to be open every weekend but we are not open during the week except for private track rentals which is $450 for up to 10 riders and $35 for each additional rider for a full prepped track (re-face jumps, rip, rake, and watered).

You on bikes or quads? Not many tracks allow quads so check ahead on that to make sure you aren't disappointed.

Exrider434
01-26-2014, 07:44 AM
All of us are on bikes so no worries, were starting off at Durhamtown and working our way back hitting South of the Border, JWTF, NCMP, Hog Heaven. What are your times for a Saturday?

quad2xtreme
01-26-2014, 07:56 AM
All of us are on bikes so no worries, were starting off at Durhamtown and working our way back hitting South of the Border, JWTF, NCMP, Hog Heaven. What are your times for a Saturday?

Gate is open all night. Track is open 10am to dusk. To date, we've never had a quad on a Saturday.

wickestangwv
01-26-2014, 09:37 AM
Jon,
Shane and I will be changing that..........

Exrider434
03-10-2014, 02:49 PM
are you guys going to be open this saturday? as of now weather is looking good, may make this our first stop on the way to georgia

quad2xtreme
03-11-2014, 02:06 PM
are you guys going to be open this saturday? as of now weather is looking good, may make this our first stop on the way to georgia

Yes, we will be open this Saturday and Sunday. Gates open at 9am, Track is open from 10am-6pm.

Exrider434
03-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Is that membership mandatory even if we are just coming one time? No day pass type deal?

quad2xtreme
03-13-2014, 04:08 PM
there is a day pass but you won't get Rocky Mountain money. If you buy the membership and ride, you will get $20 back from Rocky Mountain. If not, the special 1 day pass is $35.

You won't be disappointed in the track. We prep to the hilt every weekend. We reface jumps after every day of practice and sometimes during the day if required.

/Jon