PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Blaster Brakes

Ryan
03-21-2003, 06:25 AM
Well everyone knows "Yamaha Blaster's" Has probably the worst brakes of any atv. I recently started having problems with mine. My brakes just stopped working for some odd reason. I can tighten the rear brakes as much as I want but nothing seems to happens. its like its completley disconnected.

I toke the caliber apart, I checked out my pads and everything seems alright. What do you think this could possibly be? Thanks

zroost
03-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Take the drums apart and clean them real good. Mud and everything else gets in there and glazes your pads...Take a little sand paper to your pads to take glaze off.....hope this helps

Sportrax10
03-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Im pretty sure you can buy new brakes from the 2003. Also I think www.eastcoastatv.com has something about new Blaster brakes that work a lot better.

AtvMxRider
03-21-2003, 08:20 AM
Just take the caliper apart Ryan and clean and grease everything good. Then reinastall it and try adjusting it. Good luck.

Ryan
03-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys, i'll be sure to try this later on tonight.

OutlawEX
03-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Just take the caliper apart Ryan and clean and grease everything good. Then reinastall it and try adjusting it. Good luck.

ya try tthat

honda_man_300ex
04-16-2003, 12:32 AM
i just bought a blaster that the back brakes are shot and the fronts just need the cables replaced and shoes sanded. the back cable could be a weak spot cause it has a lot of moving parts with the parking brake on it. does any one know if the 2003 brake system is boltable to an old quad? thanks and i hope you figure that problem out.

airheadedduner
04-16-2003, 04:52 AM
Rather then spending the outragous amount to convert your blaster to hydrolic(sp?) with 03' brakes like some people are saying for the rear it is easy to build your own hydro rears. On a blaster we don't have anymore we built our own hydro'd brakes for the rear.

Go on ebay, you can pick up a caliper and master cylinder from a street bike for cheap, we paid like $30 for a FZR600 set up. All you gotta do now is drill some plate to mount up the calipers(we used 2 pieces of 1/4 inch mild steel) and modify the pedal for the master cylinder(lot easier then it sounds). It works killer.