PDA

View Full Version : No go on a GoPro......

KKiowaTJ
01-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Well I was getting ready to pull the trigger, Computer dies! So I'll be spending that $$ on a new one/tablet etc.

On the plus side, I was able to afford a set of new wheels, hope I picked the correct ones, black labels, So the front has a wider stance. I was also able to afford a tusk rear axle, adjustable and lifetime warranty. Reviews seemed good on both, I don't plan on 'big air' so I hope they are decent items.
But I did need an axle and wheels to offset the rear. Only thing I can think of now is Baja rears and suspension set up for me when I get a gt MX link.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none!

KKiowaTJ
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Well I ordered black labels or so I thought. Got them out to find they are a DWT A5? Plus it has a blue label sticker and the box had a .125, Junk! Maybe ok for dunes, but I'm sure I'll have them egged out if I don't toss them I'm that pissed.
My week can't get any more FUBAR! If I told the truth, you would call me a liar lol.

CJM
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM
I had the same ones, they were barely good for desert/dune riding. Id look into something stronger perhaps get black labels or ITP.

KKiowaTJ
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Talked to the place I ordered them from, They played dumb as usual and the shipping $$ both ways, Its the price of a black label or ITP. Talked to a couple people and I can 1. have made/buy a couple rings to stiffen them up like a spin off Baja. 2 Sell them local and rebuy the correct ones. 3, Just run them since they are paid for and who gives a chit what happens to them.
With that said and options, Im going to look into a couple rings if its not too much to have done. The only plus side to them from the regular .125 blues, Is the A5 has a rolled lip. Still far from what I need, But at least the are not the 'regular' blue labels.
At least the axle looks good only thing I don't like there, The spacers do not have spline spacers. IIRC the durablue I had years ago did, But cant really remember. Either way it should hold up for what I will use it for. I know you get what ya pay for, Guess ill just have to make due.