PDA

View Full Version : Banshee owners please respond

BaD_250ex
03-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Guys and Gals, Ive about got my dad to fork over the money for a new ATV, I want a Banshee.
Lets hear the goods and the bads about em'.

bansheerider_13
03-21-2003, 03:14 AM
hate 2 tell u this but u made the same theard earlyier this week

AtvMxRider
03-21-2003, 03:24 AM
Try Bluetraxx.com

400grl
03-21-2003, 03:36 AM
Good: they are fast and fun in the dunes, and they are cheap to modify - great drag racers!

Bad: if you have any thoughts of racing (at least MX), don't do it! Banshee's, especially stock, are terrible on the track. Their stock suspension is bad, and the powerband isn't necessarily track friendly.....I have seen people race Banshee's, but it takes ALOT of work to make them work on the track (MX)

We have a Shee - it's alot of fun at places where you can let it really wind out....it's got alot of engine work done on it, so it's completely unrideable at the track....the powerband is not there...not there....not there...and then BRRRRAAAAAPPPP - it's like a rocket!

What type of riding are you looking to do the most of? Why do you want a Banshee over other quads? These are things you need to ask yourself first, I guess. Nothing much wrong with them, mechanically - they haven't really changed them in 15 years (or something like that). I think in 03, they finally changed the airbox design....that's a good thing!

Good luck on whatever you decide to go with!

03-21-2003, 03:42 AM
If riding in a bathtub with wheels sounds fun to you then get one....you have to buy 2 of everything to hop up the motors and the chassis and ergonomics of them were designed by apes in cages... 15 year old technology still bein used today..:ermm:

If you ride in the dunes and dunes only,,get one..other than that buy a honda...:macho

AtvMxRider
03-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Good: they are fast and fun in the dunes, and they are cheap to modify - great drag racers!

Bad: if you have any thoughts of racing (at least MX), don't do it! Banshee's, especially stock, are terrible on the track. Their stock suspension is bad, and the powerband isn't necessarily track friendly.....I have seen people race Banshee's, but it takes ALOT of work to make them work on the track (MX)

We have a Shee - it's alot of fun at places where you can let it really wind out....it's got alot of engine work done on it, so it's completely unrideable at the track....the powerband is not there...not there....not there...and then BRRRRAAAAAPPPP - it's like a rocket!

What type of riding are you looking to do the most of? Why do you want a Banshee over other quads? These are things you need to ask yourself first, I guess. Nothing much wrong with them, mechanically - they haven't really changed them in 15 years (or something like that). I think in 03, they finally changed the airbox design....that's a good thing!

Good luck on whatever you decide to go with!

God I love a women that knows what she is talking about. Hey Corry if you ever dump your boyfriend and I loose the wife well you know ;) .

400grl
03-21-2003, 04:14 AM
You'll be the first to know, Jerry! ;) :D

AtvMxRider
03-21-2003, 04:18 AM

:blah Thank you.;)

03-21-2003, 04:45 AM

Negative...Jerry will be banned soon.:eek: so you'll have to take me instead...:D

400grl
03-21-2003, 04:49 AM
LOL!!!!:eek: :D :D

sly400ex
03-21-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Rico
If riding in a bathtub with wheels sounds fun to you then get one....you have to buy 2 of everything to hop up the motors and the chassis and ergonomics of them were designed by apes in cages... 15 year old technology still bein used today..:ermm:

If you ride in the dunes and dunes only,,get one..other than that buy a honda...:macho

15 year old technology still bein used today..:ermm:

what about the 250R, it's 16 year old technology still on top though! Can't doubt a machine because of it's age!

Oh yeah, 400grl is mine! Aren't you hitched Rico?!?!?!

;) J/p

ex kid
03-21-2003, 03:25 PM
get an R or a 400ex dude. a nice used R is going to be cheaper,better handling,probably better suspended, just as fast and it's a honda. or a 400ex, a ex will outhandle a bansheee anyday and with a pipe jets and a couple other things wil hang witha shee so if your plannin on racing it get the honda.

Tlongs400
03-21-2003, 03:56 PM
EX KID U WILL NEED MORE THAN A PIPE AND A FEW OTHER THINGS TO HANG WITH A SHEE:rolleyes:

BaD_250ex
03-23-2003, 01:35 PM
$h!T, I never even thought about getting me a 250R. Are they reliable? What is top speed?

AtvMxRider
03-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Negative...Jerry will be banned soon.:eek: so you'll have to take me instead...:D

Damn you Rico........:devil

AtvMxRider
03-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tlongs400
EX KID U WILL NEED MORE THAN A PIPE AND A FEW OTHER THINGS TO HANG WITH A SHEE:rolleyes:

Not in the woods :D .

BaD_250ex
03-24-2003, 01:24 PM
Some guy is sellin a 250r, with full LRD exhaust, Durablue axle, razers all around, big bore kit, Elka shocks all around, cut plastic, and a ***** load of other stuff. Just for 5, 900, my dad knows him so i can get it for 5 even.

HiperEX
03-24-2003, 03:52 PM
dude if i was you id get that are you are talking about you will love it i have a 300ex so i dont no much about the R;s but i have drove a few adn man all i can say is i want one Id got for that R or just get a nice 400ex

bansheegirl
04-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I own a Banshee and my husband has a 250r. I just bought another Banshee and he is building another 250r. Needless to say, he thinks 250rs are better and I love my Banshees. Banshees are great on sand, but for motocross and for a lot of trail riding, they are not the best quads. They are fun to drag race in the sand though. Nice machines! I love mine.

newjacksm
04-16-2003, 10:43 AM
if your racing prepair to put lots of money into it for racing MX, and once you put everything it needs for MX you will kick ***, but for recreational riding its a good quad all around its reliable as long as you know what your doing.. I loved mine, but it broke so im selling part by part now. there great quads very fun to ride, very fast!:devil also in the trails there good quads unless there verrry tight, if there wide there the best thing in there make sure your out in front though because you will be behind a slow *** quad taken its time and youll foul the plugs

speedy400
04-16-2003, 11:32 AM
My opinion- bad=they are more spendy because 2 of everything, but after you get everything its just maintinance so it's not that bad. Also for tight trails they arn't the best, but on a semi open trail they keep up just great with 400ex's, I would know. and it takes about 5 months to Really get used to them.
good- AWSOME power!!! When they get in the powerband, man they pull hard!! They have everything for aftermarket parts.

overall- a bit spendy but worth every penny!

remember its my opinion-darren

rider250ex
04-16-2003, 03:07 PM
get the shee. my bro has one wit toomey t5's, a k&n, and jet kit. the thing flys. there is nothing like it. it is a little unpreictable off jumps and is front heavy but is awsome. i think it is the funnest quad i have ridden yet.

R-Crazy
04-17-2003, 04:25 AM
well, i rode a friend shhe about 6 months back, and when PB kicks in, its a blast, but that was in the wide open desert. In the woods and MX, it may be different. I have an R now, and the PB is just as trong, but it handles so much better (mods in sig), and it hauls major *****. I love, but would love to have a shee, but not more than an R.

dave

ledofthezep
04-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love R's & EX's...and will own one/some in the future, but I could never pass up my banshee for one.:devil

Here's a pretty good review I found,...it's old & I'll be the 1st to tell you the stock shocks do suck some major ***, the rear isn't bad though.

The Banshee

This shouldn't be legal.(My favorite part of this whole review) That's the first thought that goes through your mind on the Banshee. Then you remember that you shouldn't say things like that about ATVs as the Consumer Products Safety Commission could be reading, and they would love to take your ATVs away. When this model came out years ago, I wanted one. It just looked evil. I think, like many other teenaged fantasies, it would have killed me.
Typical of any high-performance two-stroke, the power on the Banshee comes on like a switch, but on this one it doesn't end for a few thousand rpm. As you shift and put your shoulders back in their sockets, they are immediately popped right back out with a push of the throttle. Obviously this machine is not made for the tight twisties. It can handle them fine, but you'll probably pass out from boredom before too long, or pitch yourself off a cliff. Either way you'll want to get out in the open with this beastie. Sharing the same basic engine as the RZ350 road-going two-stroke of the 1980s, the Banshee has a propensity to break loose the rear tires -- but that's a good thing. This inherent ability to loose traction in the rear makes all that mind numbing power much easier to control. Just a flick of the throttle and shift of weight in the appropriate direction and voila! you're turned. All the aspects of performance are well covered: Killer suspension, disc brakes all around, water cooled engine and a pair of 26mm Mikunis powering the twin cylinder 350cc power plant.

Its limitations are practicality, but when it comes to an ATV like the Banshee, who cares? Just give me the juice. If spending $5,899 on a toy seems a bit much, ride one. It'll change your outlook.:D