PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Cars Need Help

chavez
03-21-2003, 01:27 AM
here is the situation i had my bike ready for NC anyways i start it up it idles fine when i touch the trottle a 1/4 of an inch it sounds like it floods out and then dies. if i go slowly on the throttle i can hit higher rpms

brief history. florida race ran fine only thing that happened the air hose on the gas tank clogged up

georgia race ran fine until the last lap got stuck in a mudd hole sucked up water spit and sputtered but finished the race

please help time is of the essence

TheX1992
03-21-2003, 01:31 AM
take your carb off, take bowl off, clean bowl, clean jets, reassemble, start up, if still doing it, spray some carb cleaner in there in small squirts. if still doing it, walk out into traffic :confused:

Pappy
03-21-2003, 01:41 AM
chavez....also check for an air leak in the intake tract. make sure the carb boot is on and it doesnt have a hole in it. i agree on checkin the carb ....it could haqve some gator teeth in it still:(

AtvMxRider
Originally posted by TheX1992
take your carb off, take bowl off, clean bowl, clean jets, reassemble, start up, if still doing it, spray some carb cleaner in there in small squirts. if still doing it, walk out into traffic :confused:

chavez
Originally posted by TheX1992

i took the carb off dissasembled cleaned with carb cleaner blew it out with compressed air re-assembeled it (correctly) and put back on. might be looking for traffic

Pappy
03-21-2003, 01:46 AM
hey can ya do a compression test:confused:

03-21-2003, 01:48 AM
take yer gas cap off to make sure nothing is clogged there,,check the clear tank that goes on your air boot while your checkin it to make sure it's seated properly,,,make sure the filter is clean,,,sounds like a simple fix,,just easy to over look..:(

chavez
03-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
hey can ya do a compression test:confused:

we have lost a little compresion but not enough to worry about well mabe

chavez
03-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Rico
take yer gas cap off to make sure nothing is clogged there,,check the clear tank that goes on your air boot while your checkin it to make sure it's seated properly,,,make sure the filter is clean,,,sounds like a simple fix,,just easy to over look..:(

now that little tank you are talking about what does that do it came off in georgia and i know i sucked some water in thru there
thats what lead to the compresion check though i might have whiped the camm

what would happen if the timeing was advanced or retarded

AtvMxRider
03-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by chavez

what would happen if the timeing was advanced or retarded

Have you messed with the timing?

chavez
03-21-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Have you messed with the timing?

no just a thought the mechanic was to make it start faster and i was wondering if something could have gotten loser or tighter

03-21-2003, 02:02 AM
chavez..if you open the float bowl screw is gas coming out?? just tyrin to figure out if it's gas issue..mine did that a month or so ago and the vent tube was clogged,,no gas gettin to the carb...if it is gettin gas I don't know...sounds like it's being choked to death..but of gas or air????:confused:

Maybe dirs a chipmunk in there buildin a nest..:huh

AtvMxRider
03-21-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm with Rico it is somthing with the fuel. Check and double check all of the vent tubes.

Pappy
03-21-2003, 02:13 AM
also check for a pinched fuel line

chavez
03-21-2003, 02:18 AM
thanks guys it kinda sucks im at work and my buddy is working on it he is going to check the valves to make sure thay are not bent or burned up. and yes its last minute i know but other than fuel these things run on money. last im going to take the carb off the practice bike and see if that cures it. if not ill be there on the practice bike. If you guys have any other ideas please post

Pappy
03-21-2003, 02:20 AM
lmao....gnccer was right:eek: :blah

i hope ya get her rollin...and ill see ya there:cool:

chavez
03-21-2003, 02:20 AM
Maybe dirs a chipmunk in there buildin a nest..

hey ive been there had a squirrel get in and not get out in time befor a ride poor fella the 330 sucked the air right out of his lungs

oynot400
03-21-2003, 03:07 AM
Check your gas cap vent hose. Or if the end of it is in the steering stem, check to see if it is full of water. I have seen that before, and the good ol trick of pinching the vent tube shut. :rolleyes:

chavez
03-21-2003, 06:50 AM
---

wilkin250r
03-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Ok, you cleaned the carb. How well. Did you go through EVERY little fuel passage in there? You may even want to get some small wire pipe-cleaners to push through fuel passage you can, and then spray carb cleaner through all of them. I mean REALLY go through the carb. Then try to run it without the filter and airbox boot. This will make it run lean, but as long as you only do it for a couple minutes, you shouldn't have any problems.

Make sure your filter is clean, there's nothing stuck in your airbox boot, or any air intake passages.

You sucked water into the airbox, did you suck it through the engine?

Just for grins, check to make sure nothing is stuck in your exhaust.

chavez
03-23-2003, 08:16 AM
i want to thank everybody for there help and not giving me bs replies well while down in NC at the track while i was changing twist throttle to thumb i realised what was wrong. yes im a dumb arse the slide was stuck wide open and the plate was still functioning (spelling) so it would start up fine and when i hit the trottle it opened up and flooded out

thanks everyone

AtvMxRider
03-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by chavez
i want to thank everybody for there help and not giving me bs replies well while down in NC at the track while i was changing twist throttle to thumb i realised what was wrong. yes im a dumb arse the slide was stuck wide open and the plate was still functioning (spelling) so it would start up fine and when i hit the trottle it opened up and flooded out

thanks everyone

Glad to hear you got it fixed.;)