PDA

View Full Version : Social Media Pro

blacknblue#2
01-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Anyone thats involved with social media has come across "That guy". I have one on my instagram that i really get a chuckle out of. I wont mention any names because after putting pictures together i recently realized he is a member on here.. "The Social Media Pro" is the guy always posting pictures of the perfect time. The picture of him jumping, Makes it look like he is 40 feet in the air, The picture of him railing a turn that looks like he is 4th grear tapped slinging roost 40 feet in the air, the picture of him In front of 10 quads in a turn looks like he is leading the pack. "The Social Media Pro" is always thinking his sponsors, Couldnt be possible without them. Clueless ppl are eating him up, and "The Social Media Pro" loves it as he sets behind his screen feeling like he is ready to battle with Chad Weinen. Then you do your research, stumble upon some videos and race results only to find that "The Social Media Pro" is the guy at your local track that is 5th gear tapped in the pit area and casing every jump on the track. Landing nose high, looking to make sure you saw him. Jamming the brakes at every jump face and just eating the heck out of the good lips. His flat billed buddy and only in person fan is standing there filming his every move for him to go home and post to show all of his clueless fans how awesome his session went............Am i the only one lucky enough to be blessed by a social media pro??

HondaRacing83
01-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Ohh we all got them

81dasher81
01-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Ohh we all got them

haha oh absolutely.. lol

2001400exrida
01-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Some people are just cooler online! You find it on Facebook, these forums, and instagram. Only wwybto really learn and know people for who they are is in the real life scene. I would hate to think about how many of the people who post in this social media literally don't even enjoy the sport or ride. Lots of posers around sonits important to remember not to believe everything ya see online

alanbmx
01-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Some people are just cooler online! You find it on Facebook, these forums, and instagram. Only wwybto really learn and know people for who they are is in the real life scene. I would hate to think about how many of the people who post in this social media literally don't even enjoy the sport or ride. Lots of posers around sonits important to remember not to believe everything ya see online

Dude are you calling yourself out??? :huh

fastredrider44
01-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Please post names so others can get a laugh! lol.

Yes, we all have them. True, we all started somewhere, but the difference is some of us started and knew we were a noob, while others started thinking they were top dog.

On another note, money can't buy speed.

zyoung04
01-09-2014, 02:40 AM
I've seen this guy videos. A reallllll head scratcher, I know for a fact I've put in harder roll in laps than this guy acts like hes the next big thing. I believe id leave my machine in the garage and let it collect dust before I made myself look that bad. Makes me not wanna buy something from the company that "supposedly" backs him.

Wired
01-09-2014, 09:55 AM

DAMNIT! You mean to tell me i've been a sucker all these years buying engine mods? Great i feel like a loser now

HondaRacing83
01-09-2014, 02:20 PM
I've seen this guy videos. A reallllll head scratcher, I know for a fact I've put in harder roll in laps than this guy acts like hes the next big thing. I believe id leave my machine in the garage and let it collect dust before I made myself look that bad. Makes me not wanna buy something from the company that "supposedly" backs him.

Boy id love to know who lol

zyoung04
01-10-2014, 03:57 AM
Boy id love to know who lol

Its a real let down. Haha I mean if u guys want me to post a video of me I will but im not he one acting like im the next pro either. I ride for fun and have competed, something tells me this guy wants u to believe he competes in a pro am. At a local race, hmmmm local races never seen a local race have a pro am race.

blacknblue#2
01-10-2014, 05:41 AM
I really hate to start a war :blah:

HondaRacing83
01-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Start a war we already got 01400exrider in the thread screw it dude

ThumPIN_450R
01-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Nobody else is going to market him. Why not make yourself look faster so you can attract more sponsors? If it gets him good deals the only people missing out are the ones that aren't doing it.

2001400exrida
01-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Start a war we already got 01400exrider in the thread screw it dude

That's 2001400exrida...with an A! If you're gonna be a dick, do it right. I'm not mad im disappointed.

blacknblue#2
01-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Nobody else is going to market him. Why not make yourself look faster so you can attract more sponsors? If it gets him good deals the only people missing out are the ones that aren't doing it.

I had sponsorships when i raced. 30% off retail is a worthless sponsor when you can buy the same stuff off ebay for 30% under retail and have no obligations lol. Ive been getting PM'S about making the social media pro known. Just building the anticipation now. Lets just say by looking at his video its a good thing his quad was PRO built. Im not sure a production quad could handle the airtime this guy gets

2001400exrida
01-16-2014, 08:56 AM
is there a jealous factor or why do you insist on trying to defame a guy who loves the sport and likes to flaunt his talent or lack there of? I don't understand what he's done to deserve a thread and insulting posts? I mean if he's a poser, so what let people call him a poser, but why would you be so insistant upon building anticipation and trying to clown a fellow rider. if ya don't like it don't follow his posts, but i'm wondering if all his exposure is making you jealous?

do not take offense to this, i know it sounds harsh i just wonder how the guy will feel when he finds out a certain thread has been started about him. i just have a hard time figuring out why there's so much clowning on the forums lately, first you have the kid with the pro quads that nobody knows anything about yet we all call him a rich daddy's boy with fake pro quads etc......and now we've got this social media pro who apparently can't ride, but likes to talk about it....why so much hate?

this guy apparently likes the sport, he likes to post pictures of him taking jumps, big whoopie. I race TT and i don't win, but i still like to share pictures of races on facebook. I don't have sponsors to thank, but i do thank the local tracks and orgs that put the races on. Why follow him on instagram if he's nothing special? why hide behind the keyboard without naming names? Why start a thread like this if you know he's a member? drama? Poor guy just wants to share his love for the sport and we all pounce cuz we're jealous.

blacknblue#2
01-16-2014, 09:24 AM
is there a jealous factor or why do you insist on trying to defame a guy who loves the sport and likes to flaunt his talent or lack there of? I don't understand what he's done to deserve a thread and insulting posts? I mean if he's a poser, so what let people call him a poser, but why would you be so insistant upon building anticipation and trying to clown a fellow rider. if ya don't like it don't follow his posts, but i'm wondering if all his exposure is making you jealous?

do not take offense to this, i know it sounds harsh i just wonder how the guy will feel when he finds out a certain thread has been started about him. i just have a hard time figuring out why there's so much clowning on the forums lately, first you have the kid with the pro quads that nobody knows anything about yet we all call him a rich daddy's boy with fake pro quads etc......and now we've got this social media pro who apparently can't ride, but likes to talk about it....why so much hate?

this guy apparently likes the sport, he likes to post pictures of him taking jumps, big whoopie. I race TT and i don't win, but i still like to share pictures of races on facebook. I don't have sponsors to thank, but i do thank the local tracks and orgs that put the races on. Why follow him on instagram if he's nothing special? why hide behind the keyboard without naming names? Why start a thread like this if you know he's a member? drama? Poor guy just wants to share his love for the sport and we all pounce cuz we're jealous.

Jealousy oh god yes its jealousy, I lose about as much sleep over it as I do idiots who cant even clean the mating suface of the most critical gasket on their quad. Trust me its not jealousy. Its a real life slap in the face that some ppl need. I raced pro class locally when I raced, I jumped chit on quads that ppl on bikes were scared of. I posted pics too, but i never put any description. I let the picture describe itself. I never made it sound like i was swell headed because I wasnt. At my local track I ran with the fastest bike guys that showed up for practice, but did I go put that on my social media for ppl who werent there to flaunt over? No because i was still a nobody, Look me up..Bill Young, all your gonna find is chit that I put on there myself and none of it is blown out of proportion to make me sound like something I wasnt. Why do I poke jabs at this guy, Because I tried to help him once. I tried to be the nice guy before someone turned deeck on him but instead he turned deeck on me. Told me his swingarm pivot bolt on his 250R cost more than my flexx bars did for my 450R. I told him I had sold a full elka long travel completely built 450R for $5000 and he told me his stock shock, stock frame stock steering stem stock swingarm 250R was worth 7000 because it was PRO BUILT. Wasnt my fault some local hanky jank shop raped him to make his quad look cool. That local shop was probably ran by a guy like you thats never wrong. A know it all guy thats never wrong that didnt even have a clue honda completely changed the crank bearing setup on the 450R in 06. Some times those kind of ppl need to realize how stupid they make theirself look, but I guess after enough times and not realizing that, we ppl that actually know something need to just give up and let the problem settle itself like it has with you on other websites in the past.

2001400exrida
01-16-2014, 09:29 AM
i figured you'd take offense, not only did you take offense but you called me an idiot, i'm impressed. Don't worry i cleaned the gasket material and i appreciae you following my build thread! Nevertheless i don't think an entire rant thread about a guy that you think is a poser is really worth anything, but hey to each their own, flame on brotha if ya makes ya feel good.

2001400exrida
01-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah i rarely win, but i'm on hookit and gopro gave me a 50% on hero3's, that was a good one for being an old amateur.

blacknblue#2
01-16-2014, 09:46 AM
The truth of it is I think its funny, I truly was never gonna mention a name, Why because i didnt wanna run the guy in the dirt. With what I was posting ppl were finding enjoyment out of building anticipation. The way you come on I think you thought it was you. Well its not. But i had nothing better to do than tell you how I really feel Im glad i impressed you, hell you should be impressed with everything I do on here, I give useful information. I dont explain how to hack chit together. Im glad you took some useful advice and cleaned your jug. I have almost completely quit looking at a true tech question on here because I know its going to get some off the wall wrong answer from you and when your corrected your going to go on and on about how your right because "your builder" told you so, well from some of the stuff Ive seen that your builder says he is just as much of an idiot. I thank god you havent found the quad site that I visit for enjoyment. Im making a quarter of a benji an hour until 3:30 to set here and poke jabs at you now. So until 3:30 Ill continue to reply. Its sad to say that after being on this site under different names since 2002 you have officially burnt me out on atvriders

2001400exrida
01-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Yeah i rarely win, but i'm on hookit and gopro gave me a 50% on hero3's last year....that was a good one for being an old amateur.

i believe you're afraid to identify this person because you're worried they may come in here and defend themselves, which might put you in a tight spot, but that's neither here nor there.

down talking and trash talking on the forums is useless, you can continue to call me an idiot and my builder an idiot but you're talking about a guy who's been doing it since you were a sperm. I'm glad you make $25/hr to play on the forums. You find a thread where i gave an off the wall wrong answer and i'll eat crow. All of my posts are opinions and although many times they are the contrary to what others have posted that doesn't mean their off the wall. Also since you're trash talking mixxer over at venom performance i gotta ask ya.....what have you seen that i've posted that leads you to believe he's an idiot?

It takes a real man to talk about my hacked chit, lol so many opinions about the cut down swingarm and how it's going to break after 1 race regardless of the fact that it's been run for 3 full seasons prior to my use. I'll tell you what, my budget build is going to be a runner and i could care less what some of the spendy guys think. I'll race a pos all day long, i'm not in it to be pretty or top of the line, i'm not a pro. I'm in it for fun. I think too many people lose the fun factor when they start going with all the top notch name brands and consider anythign else to be hacked chit.

all i'm saying is i see a bunch of whining in this thread. you clearly have an issue with the guy you're referring too because he's such an awesome internet poser, my question to you is how much better does it make you to start a thread about him because you're sooooooooo worked up about it?

why does it always have to be personal, why make attacks? I think you're better off addressing the points that are being made insteading of doing what the others do and talk down my build thread.

blacknblue#2
01-16-2014, 09:52 AM
The truth of it is I think its funny, I truly was never gonna mention a name, Why because i didnt wanna run the guy in the dirt. With what I was posting ppl were finding enjoyment out of building anticipation. The way you come on I think you thought it was you. Well its not. But i had nothing better to do than tell you how I really feel Im glad i impressed you, hell you should be impressed with everything I do on here, I give useful information. I dont explain how to hack chit together. Im glad you took some useful advice and cleaned your jug. I have almost completely quit looking at a true tech question on here because I know its going to get some off the wall wrong answer from you and when your corrected your going to go on and on about how your right because "your builder" told you so, well from some of the stuff Ive seen that your builder says he is just as much of an idiot. I thank god you havent found the quad site that I visit for enjoyment. Im making a quarter of a benji an hour until 3:30 to set here and poke jabs at you now. So until 3:30 Ill continue to reply. Its sad to say that after being on this site under different names since 2002 you have officially burnt me out on atvriders

honda250xrider
01-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I still don't think anyone can top this guy: http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?428382-Monster-Energy-Athlete-Of-The-Month-have-You-Met-Him

fastredrider44
01-16-2014, 10:32 AM
I remember that thread ^^^

I didn't really want blacknblue to reveal his name, not that I think it would put him in a tight spot though. I was merely getting a kick out of it. 2001400exrida, do you ever try to see anyone else's point of view or once you made your mind up on something, you stick with it hell or high water?

blacknblue#2
01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I remember that thread ^^^

I didn't really want blacknblue to reveal his name, not that I think it would put him in a tight spot though. I was merely getting a kick out of it. 2001400exrida, do you ever try to see anyone else's point of view or once you made your mind up on something, you stick with it hell or high water?

Exactly my point, ppl were getting a kick out of it at least us cool kids with a sense of humor. As for Ol Britton Wasmer, he is still up to his normal stuff. I have him on facebook, he is another good laugh. he is a photographer now. Supposedly for some big names like Racer-x, Transworld, Monster energy of course. Dude does pull in some tang but those guys usually do. Maybe Rida pulls in some tang.....well i guess it all depends on if the winch dont fault out from overload when he is pulling them in hahah

2001400exrida
01-16-2014, 11:15 AM
hey ain't nothing wrong with a big girl.

the monster guy was making false claims and therefore deserved to be called out. Who is the racer that this thread was created about and does he make false claims? that's my only concern is that we're pouncing a guy for posting his passion and sharing pictures whether he wins or not does not matter as long as he's not claiming he took first place or beat a pro. It's not that hard to believe that he has raced with pros, hell, I have....doesn't mean i beat em, lol.

Longdong
01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
People like this devaule the sport! I know a family you would think there son is making a million dollars a year racing. They go on and on about all the races and championships he has won. Almost all of his races there is nobody in his class. It a kick in the a@@ to my son that works his tale off to try and earn a title. We spend a lot of money, blood, sweat and tears for a championship. People making all these claims devaule a class win or championship. I try and teach my son, not to talk about racing at school or other places. If he works hard people will talk about him. He needs to show it not talk about it. It is hard for kids with all the social media.

blacknblue#2
01-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Longdong said it perfect. Outsiders look at people like this and think that's what it takes to be a top contender. They don't have a clue what it takes to really make it in this sport. Well said longdong

zyoung04
01-17-2014, 02:19 AM
hey ain't nothing wrong with a big girl.

the monster guy was making false claims and therefore deserved to be called out. Who is the racer that this thread was created about and does he make false claims? that's my only concern is that we're pouncing a guy for posting his passion and sharing pictures whether he wins or not does not matter as long as he's not claiming he took first place or beat a pro. It's not that hard to believe that he has raced with pros, hell, I have....doesn't mean i beat em, lol.

Like I said in another post. He labels one race as a pro am race. U can tell by the video its either a fair race or a local mx race. I have been too several mx races and the only place i have ever seen a pro am class is in nationals. Not to mention in that race is a stock raptor 250. So either the guy is lying or he just wants everyone to THINK its a pro am race.

This just makes every goon with a stock 400ex think he can show up and sign up in the pro class. Therefore taking a risk of hurting one of the guys that should be in that class by being in the way. Witnessed this happen last year at a fair race. 2 guys sign up for the pro class on completely stock kfx400s. One crashed in the whoops right in front the leaders the other I don't think even made it off the gate. Neither one of them shouldve been out there in that classgate.

HondaRacing83
01-17-2014, 02:21 PM
01400exrida is the reasons helpful members such as myself and many others are leaving this site

OldGuyonaQuad
01-17-2014, 06:10 PM
I don't know crap about racing, I normally steer clear of those forums and threads. I normally come here with my hand looking for help with riding and wrenching. I also try to avoid the drama but every once in a while I get sucked in and feel a need to share my opinion even if it's not the popular one.

Longdong I totally feel you I and agree with everything you posted, except your first line. "People like this devalue the sport". It only does if you let it. Consider the source. My youngest was removed from Junior National Honor Society a couple of years ago by .2 of a grade point. The first one there to make her feel bad was a girl that was supposed to be her friend. The same kid who's mother does most of her home work and all of her projects. Eventually life will catch up with her just like it will these paper champions. You sound like a good dad and you gave your kid great advice but I have to tell you being an outsider looking in, this thread has bothered be since day one. To the AP:

It reeks of elitist bullying. I could see if the person posted stuff here and people called him on it but I don't for the life of me understand why someone feels the need to start a thread about it. It just lends yourself to insecurity. If he sucks that bad focus on how good you are (as a person & a rider) rather then worrying about how full of crap he is. People can a spot Phoney a mile away. I also don't understand why you would follow or friend that person. Sorry but 01400exrida got this one right but even a broken clock is right twice a day ;) .

Longdong
01-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't know crap about racing, I normally steer clear of those forums and threads. I normally come here with my hand looking for help with riding and wrenching. I also try to avoid the drama but every once in a while I get sucked in and feel a need to share my opinion even if it's not the popular one.

Longdong I totally feel you I and agree with everything you posted, except your first line. "People like this devalue the sport". It only does if you let it. Consider the source. My youngest was removed from Junior National Honor Society a couple of years ago by .2 of a grade point. The first one there to make her feel bad was a girl that was supposed to be her friend. The same kid who's mother does most of her home work and all of her projects. Eventually life will catch up with her just like it will these paper champions. You sound like a good dad and you gave your kid great advice but I have to tell you being an outsider looking in, this thread has bothered be since day one. To the AP:

It reeks of elitist bullying. I could see if the person posted stuff here and people called him on it but I don't for the life of me understand why someone feels the need to start a thread about it. It just lends yourself to insecurity. If he sucks that bad focus on how good you are (as a person & a rider) rather then worrying about how full of crap he is. People can a spot Phoney a mile away. I also don't understand why you would follow or friend that person. Sorry but 01400exrida got this one right but even a broken clock is right twice a day ;) .

Yes is does bother me when I see people devaule anything. I always keep it to myself and would never publicly attack someone. We save it for quite laughs at the campfire. I agree 100% on everything you said!!!!

blacknblue#2
01-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Obviously a couple people took this thread a lot more serious than it was ever intended to be. With that being said if you've never spent 60 hours a week on the corporate clock along side 4 to 5 hours a day in a garage wrenching on your quad to finish out the week by working a 12 hour graveyard shift and leaving work at 7am to drive 3 hours straight to a race then you will never understand the frustration of the social media pro

KKiowaTJ
01-17-2014, 07:58 PM

Money can buy ANYTHING except talent and skill. You can have the fastest X on the track, Don't mean chit unless you know how to use it and when not to.

01400exrida is the reasons helpful members such as myself and many others are leaving this site

That's the bad part. Why let one mental defect keep you from giving out good advice? It sucks to have to go to the org or PM and bother member(s) for good info! Just like if marc or CS post, Right under them is the exact opposite advice to follow.
I look at his advice this way, Will it work, most likely. Is it what should be done/used, Maybe in a pinch. Is it the worst advice, No by far. Some people will fix anything with bailing wire, Zip ties and duct tape etc. Some take the time to do it right, With the correct part(s) and a 0 fail rate.

Its the net, Take it with a grain of salt. I know it gets old reading the same 'against the grain' replies, But when a person who knows exactly the steps needed, Usually steps in and calls foul and lays out the info needed, Correctly. If some choose to bicker over it, So be it, But don't think the 'good advice' is going un herd. Just like what this thread is about, If you know what you are looking for and are part of the sport, You can spot the keyboard warrior/poser every time just like at the track.

To each their own, But I too feel they are a slap in the face and devalue the sport.

jcs003
01-18-2014, 12:11 PM

i agree. he is the champion of B.S. we try to help and he invents things to try and disprove whoever he feels like arguing with at the time. he is the epitomy of a social media pro. in his case he is a social media build expert. he is good for a laugh.haha

john

2001400exrida
01-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Amen brother! I'm glad somebody else sees it the way I do.

jcs003
01-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Amen brother! I'm glad somebody else sees it the way I do.

yes,"even a broke clock is right twice a day" lmao!

john

alanbmx
01-18-2014, 02:25 PM
:d