PDA

View Full Version : Won't go past half throttle

Ryan02400ex
01-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Hey guys, I started up my quad and rode for awhile in the snow the other day. After riding for about 15 minutes it started acting goofy. If I hold the throttle wide open it seems like it only goes half way. It will not hit the rev limiter. I do have a raised rev limiter. But it's not even going past what the stock rev limiter would be. I don't know of something is froze up. It's cold here in Wisconsin but it has been in the garage when it's not being ridden. Any ideas would help. Thanks

DragonGunner
01-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey guys, I started up my quad and rode for awhile in the snow the other day. After riding for about 15 minutes it started acting goofy. If I hold the throttle wide open it seems like it only goes half way. It will not hit the rev limiter. I do have a raised rev limiter. But it's not even going past what the stock rev limiter would be. I don't know of something is froze up. It's cold here in Wisconsin but it has been in the garage when it's not being ridden. Any ideas would help. Thanks

Does this in all gears....? Could be a filthy air filter.....when they get dirty it can cut out or bog because its running too rich. It might also be you got moister in the air filter its sucking some water, or it got condensation in the gas tank....check your filter, and put a little gas anti-freeze in tank.

Just seen you have a twist throttle....check throttle wide open sitting and make sure the throttle body in the carb is going all the way up to the top of the carb, a little play is ok.

Stickman400
01-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Does your airbox have holes in it or did your tape them off for the winter? Airbox could be full of snow and choking it off, or your intake tube going to the carb. got pulled off and it's running really lean (or rich, I can't remember which it is) because of all the extra air it's getting, had that happen to me once in the summer.

Ryan02400ex
01-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, my filter doesn't seem too bad, maybe a little wet but not too dirty. The carb might not be on all the way on the engine but I didn't look close enough. I have to do some further investigating. Thanks

DragonGunner
01-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Raise your rear wheels off ground and see if wheels spin freely....if not you got brake or bearing problems thats braking it....make sure chain isn't tight.