PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Stuck need help

bjh05400ex
12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Ok guys I think the last time I changed my plug I may have over tightened it.I'm in the middle of doing some jetting and went to pull my plug with the tool honda provides and all it wanted to do was round off the insides of the tool. I went and picked up a cheap 18mm deep socket and ground it down but still couldn't get a good grab as it felt like it was just spinning on not grabbing the plug. I ordered a motion pro socket for that is designed to remove the plugs on honda and it should be here in a day or two. I need some suggestions on how to break this plug loose with out damaging anything or making things worse.im letting some wd40 soak on it till the socket I ordered comes in.i really hope I didn't round off anything on the plug but I can really get a good view down in there.

kt1148
12-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Get a cheap inspection mirror so you can see exactly what you're dealing with. Something like this...http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Inspection-mirror/_/N-25g2?itemIdentifier=70130_0_0_

bjh05400ex
12-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I have my tank off and everything and from what I can tell it may be slightly rounded on the hex tips of the plug. The tool honda gives is crap. Any other suggestions? I really hope the socket I ordered will get a good bite on it so I can break it loose. I'm fearing the worse and hope I don't have a plug the will be forever stuck.

ride red 14
12-23-2013, 06:27 PM
I would let the motor run and get hot. the head should expand enough to get it out.

jcs003
12-24-2013, 05:14 AM
get a socket from sears that grabs on the flats. they work good on rounded off nuts and bolts.

john