PDA

View Full Version : New Powder Question

EHSRACING
03-20-2003, 03:00 PM
hey you guys when i do powdercoat the frame can i leave the bolts in it to plug the holes or is the stuff hard enough to make the bolts not work (plug the threads) THANKS

03-20-2003, 03:05 PM
They usuaully just tape the holes up..

EHSRACING
03-20-2003, 03:29 PM
like just rolling a piece of the high temp tape and stuffing it in the holeor going over the top

Pappy
03-20-2003, 03:31 PM
i use high temp plugs and some bolts. high temp tape would work in a pinch....but its better to use the plugs

03-20-2003, 03:32 PM
You better listen to the "Papster" he is the "powdercoat king" of them all.. check out his work man you'll get a boner looking at it lmao :D :cool:

EHSRACING
03-20-2003, 03:36 PM
i have some of those plugs coming in the kit i hope i have enough what about the swing arm where the carrier goes or in the frame where bearings go like the stem. and THANKS GUYS I APPRECIATE THE HELP

Pappy
03-20-2003, 03:42 PM
just use your high heat tape to tape off any area you dont want powder in or on. kinda like taping off for body work if that helps:p

btw...dont use your reassembly bolts...use old bolts you can throw away after the pc is done. with some single layer powders i dont worry about some areas on some parts...but on a 3 or 4 layer powder or where clearences are important ...think twice tape once:D

most of the kits dont come with enough plugs to do a frame. i have about 100 bolts that i use if i run outta plugs.

EHSRACING
03-20-2003, 03:55 PM
ohh glad you told me that i will get some bolts i can chuck well i will keep them for future jobs i already blasted most of the bolts the i left in the frame when i did it i guess i will have to get new ones or paint them maybe i will check into stainless that would be nice