PDA

View Full Version : PA atv Title Transfer Question

XC_Racer_129
12-12-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm selling a quad, and I'm meeting the guy on Sunday. I can't find a notary close by that's open on Sunday. My question is, if I sign the back of the title certificate and give him a bill of sale, can he go to the notary and get the title switched with me not being there? He's 4 hours away, and I'm meeting him in the middle. I don't really want to drive 2+ hours a second time just to go to the notary.

I never bought/sold a used quad with a title, so I'm not sure how it works.

Thanks.

beastlywarrior
12-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Usually he can sign it and have it notarized then you can have it switched in your name later

XC_Racer_129
12-13-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm the one selling it. So I can go to the notary, get a notarized bill of sale, and give that to him and he can take it from there?

I guess I can call a notary now that it's morning and talk to the people that do this every day.

OldGuyonaQuad
12-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I don't even think it has to be notarized as long as he has the COO or MSO, guessing that's what you are referring to (atvs' don't have titles)

HondaRacing83
12-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Just sign off the title and he should be able to sign on henever

XC_Racer_129
12-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the replies! I actually found a notary that's open on Sunday, so we're just going to get it done there to be sure. I know sometimes PA is a pain in the *** about title transfers.