PDA

View Full Version : what are good tires for a 400ex

12-14-2001, 02:56 PM
i need to know what are good tires for a 400ex. My trails have mud, snow, sand pits, and about enything that you can encounter. I what it to give me some more ground clearance because i hit everything and some good traction in the sand.

12-14-2001, 06:09 PM
Well for all those conditions you aren't going to get the best tire for each one of those situatiuons that you said, but i would have to go with Maxxis Razr's which i have on my ex right now, they don't let me down in to many situations, but if there not quite aggresive enough for ya, than Maxxis All-Tracks, but they only come in 22", but that will give you more clearence.

hope this helped

The400exExorcist
12-14-2001, 07:55 PM
depends if you mind a little extra weight...If you don't...you can't beat bandits...they last forever...they like never wear...but if you do mind the weight..the go with the razrs

400exRacerX
12-14-2001, 09:51 PM
Maxxis Razrs all the way.

12-14-2001, 11:07 PM
I just bought some Maxxis Razr tires, but have not installed them yet. But its reassuring to read all the good reviews on these tires.

crday98
12-14-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by The400exExorcist
depends if you mind a little extra weight...If you don't...you can't beat bandits...they last forever...they like never wear...but if you do mind the weight..the go with the razrs
i would go with the maxxis all-traks they also last forever,are lighter than the bandits,they work exceptionally well in the mud and snow and provide great traction in the loose stuff too.the bandits do not work good in sand or loose stuff.i have owned both tires and can say for sure the all-traks are better.the only thing i liked about the bandits over the all-traks was that they were flat compared to the slightly rounded design of the maxxis which made my sliding predictability better.i hear the razrs are great also but i have not owned them to say for sure.

4punksdad
12-15-2001, 06:48 AM
dirtclog has a set of tamers on rims for trade in the classifieds forum.

Tommy 17
12-15-2001, 07:02 AM
get 22x11x9 holeshot xct they are 6ply, and hold up better then a razr.....

Stevo
12-15-2001, 10:12 AM
I have had holeshots on mine and they didn't last as long as the stock tires did. I put gbc shredder's on and rode them for about 4 months. Their is virtually no wear on them. I got all-traks just because I needed to save the shredders for racing. They don't wear that much either and they have huge lugs. The only problem with the all-traks is that they are only a two ply.

I've heard good things about the razrs as well, and my one friend has them on his 400. He can go more places than me when I have my shredders on. But when the all-traks are on there's no chance.

It all depends on what you want.