PDA

View Full Version : Bummer for the sport.

nitrofish
12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
This is on Rich Hetrick's Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=103820816324088&refid=52

Ok, I'm not a face booker and I sure as hell don't know how to post the link. I'll leave it up to you to find. Sorry. Go to Rich's Facebook dealio.

kenziedad
12-08-2013, 07:04 PM
WOW!!! I know of at least 5 kids that wont be attending the nationals this year due to rule changes, cost, etc... I do believe that some really dark days are ahead if some serious changes aren't made and really fast.

Logan #34's Dad
12-08-2013, 08:37 PM
I agree about the dark days ahead.
1st, as someone suggested, set the classes - they stay that way for 5 years - IF there is going to be a change - give a one year advanced notice.
2nd, the BIGGEST problem our sport has (IMO) is how the local racing organizations are banning all atv's. With out this base it WILL die.
I believe that if a track is an AMA sanctioned track, that track should be required to offer atv racing as part of its race days. The AMA should
mandate every class including the bikes... They tell the organizations what classes are to be run. I know we all don't like to be told what to do (big brother) but
sometimes its for the greater good...

Ryko racing
12-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I noticed some posts on facebook. WHAT IS UP TO SPARK THIS DISCUSSION?

LT80
12-09-2013, 08:18 AM
IMO, It's a business decision. Nothing more.

Altho, I personally don't blame him. Countless thousands of dollars spent on a race rig then thousands more to show up.
Unadilla: I watched Rich help ppl all weekend long. When it was time to tear down and pack up all the crapola, he and Michelle were alone. Seeins nobody that he helped all weekend long could care less to help him back, I gladly walked over and helped out.
We used to have 50 limited/60 mod/90 limited/90 mod classes. Then we worked into a class for every rider to get a plaque. Now the classes are going down. It had to IMO.
Rich was a big influence in future classes. Only to get a boot on his butt for trying.

You want something to change, figure out how to get Scam Gammon out of the PG.
IMO, if Rita was running the whole show, things would be much more consistant.

Ok, bang away on me. :devil:

Ryko racing
12-09-2013, 02:47 PM
I dont understand why we need so many classes. When we started in 2007 we had 2 50 cc , 70 mod, 70 prod, 90 mod 90 prod supermini 300 400 . If we had less classes maybe we could get longer motos to race. Do we really need to be able to race 3 classes every weekend?

i WOULD RATHER RACE 2 LONG MOTOS AND PAY A LIITLE MORE AT SIGN UP THAN LINE UP WITH 8 OR 10 RIDERS 3 TIMES IN A DAY AND CALL IT A CLASS. Although we all like to watch the kids race. Many spectators that come to a race ONLY want to see the pros. They dont want to sit all day and watch the kids race. I know it sounds bad but imagine having to sit through a little league game just to watch the big league game. ( we as racers dont mind but people that come to see PROS dont want to sit there for a whole day. )

i dont have an answer but the PRO NIGHT RACE AT BALLANCE SEEMED LIKE IT WAS A SUCCEESS. MAYBE TRY IT AGAIN.

Logan #34's Dad
12-09-2013, 09:52 PM
I dont understand why we need so many classes. When we started in 2007 we had 2 50 cc , 70 mod, 70 prod, 90 mod 90 prod supermini 300 400 . If we had less classes maybe we could get longer motos to race. Do we really need to be able to race 3 classes every weekend?

i WOULD RATHER RACE 2 LONG MOTOS AND PAY A LIITLE MORE AT SIGN UP THAN LINE UP WITH 8 OR 10 RIDERS 3 TIMES IN A DAY AND CALL IT A CLASS. Although we all like to watch the kids race. Many spectators that come to a race ONLY want to see the pros. They dont want to sit all day and watch the kids race. I know it sounds bad but imagine having to sit through a little league game just to watch the big league game. ( we as racers dont mind but people that come to see PROS dont want to sit there for a whole day. )

i dont have an answer but the PRO NIGHT RACE AT BALLANCE SEEMED LIKE IT WAS A SUCCEESS. MAYBE TRY IT AGAIN.

I agree with MOST of what your saying, Except, the part that people don't want to watch the kids race. I've heard countless spectators state that they never knew there was "little kid" atv racing and thought it was the coolest thing they ever saw. IF, that leads to another future rider then that is a good thing. Furthermore, I could not imagine paying to get in the race to only watch TWO pro only races.... they get kinda boring after about 10 laps (with the blue Yamaha walking away). I really like the format they did in Texas (3 shorter Pro Motos)
I am in favor of less classes - Until the gates spill over, remove some classes.
How about:
50 Prod, 50 Mod (4-8) (0-50cc)
70 Prod, 70 Mod (8-12) (50cc-70cc)
90 Prod, 90 Mod (12-16) (70cc-90cc)
Supermini (12-16) (90cc/105cc-150cc[4stroke]) NOTE: all classes overlap in age AND cc's - The oldest kid can run his smaller cc'd quad in the next higher class.
Schoolboy Jr. (Mod) (13-16) - 250cc liquid cooled, 300cc aircooled
Schoolboy Sr. (Prod) (14-18) - 300cc - 400cc
450's A,B,C - (18+)

This would be a whole lot less classes - fuller gates - MORE laps per moto...

nastynotchback1
12-10-2013, 06:10 AM
I agree with MOST of what your saying, Except, the part that people don't want to watch the kids race. I've heard countless spectators state that they never knew there was "little kid" atv racing and thought it was the coolest thing they ever saw. IF, that leads to another future rider then that is a good thing. Furthermore, I could not imagine paying to get in the race to only watch TWO pro only races.... they get kinda boring after about 10 laps (with the blue Yamaha walking away). I really like the format they did in Texas (3 shorter Pro Motos)
I am in favor of less classes - Until the gates spill over, remove some classes.
How about:
50 Prod, 50 Mod (4-8) (0-50cc)
70 Prod, 70 Mod (8-12) (50cc-70cc)
90 Prod, 90 Mod (12-16) (70cc-90cc)
Supermini (12-16) (90cc/105cc-150cc[4stroke]) NOTE: all classes overlap in age AND cc's - The oldest kid can run his smaller cc'd quad in the next higher class.
Schoolboy Jr. (Mod) (13-16) - 250cc liquid cooled, 300cc aircooled
Schoolboy Sr. (Prod) (14-18) - 300cc - 400cc
450's A,B,C - (18+)

This would be a whole lot less classes - fuller gates - MORE laps per moto...

I like this class structure you came up with. Other than i think 450's should have there A,B,and C classes not limited to production quads.

Ryko racing
12-10-2013, 07:07 AM
I agree with you on a lot of those . But i raced mx in the silverdome as an amatuer in the 80 ;s. we would race after the pros. there would be maybe 500 people in the whole silverdome and hour after the pros. I think the pro format needs to change ( i dont have an answer on how) but people flock to mx bike nationals to see just 2 classes run 4 motos. maybe we run pro and pro am both on saturday and move a moto or two to sunday for amatuers. ( or lcq). with less classes there may be time. ) just a thought Rocky. I guess if we had te answers we could be the promoters. lol i think i will pass on that.

redonkulousruntsracing
12-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I dont mean to rub salt in any wounds, but if you live in or new new england come race NEATV. Our series is actually growing and offers top notch competition in all classes from the 50's to the Pros. Its worth a look at...