PDA

View Full Version : 2013 honda trx 400x what you think?

dirtyMOrider
12-06-2013, 09:04 PM
the last photo is from the day i brought it home

OZ-T
12-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Looks good, I placed my order for my 2013 on Wednesday and the wait is killing me! Gonna miss my 02 though, it crafted my love for the 400 and served me well. Wont miss not having reverse however, that is the most exciting thing about the 2013 for me.

dirtyMOrider
12-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Well this is my first sport quad so its been a learning curve for me

81dasher81
12-06-2013, 11:18 PM
looks pretty sharp.. in my opinion there are few color combinations that look better than red, black and white.. nice lookin machine

Blodg
12-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I personally like the looks and feel of the 05 plastic and seat better but I do like the color combination on yours. Very nice machine and I have purchased several brand new ATV's over the years as well as several used ones. Having a brand new one is so nice and you know it will last forever if you take care of it but the bad thing for me then I worry about scratching it up.

I also like how you and OZ-T are buying new 400's and resisting the trend to buy a 450. I see so many people on a 450 that don't even know how to ride, aren't good enough to take advantage of the additional power, or they mostly ride on tight wooded trails. These people would be way better off on a 400 but they think they need a 450 so it is nice to see people making rational decisions.

dirtyMOrider
12-07-2013, 10:23 AM
well thank you i bought it because i trail ride and i was told it is a great trail quad and because of the 400s reputation of being a nearly bullet proof quad i thought when i bought it i was sacrificing power for reliability but ive road with 450rs and 660 raptors and in the trails its real all about the rider not how big your motor is

RNL
12-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I personally like the looks and feel of the 05 plastic and seat better but I do like the color combination on yours. Very nice machine and I have purchased several brand new ATV's over the years as well as several used ones. Having a brand new one is so nice and you know it will last forever if you take care of it but the bad thing for me then I worry about scratching it up.

I also like how you and OZ-T are buying new 400's and resisting the trend to buy a 450. I see so many people on a 450 that don't even know how to ride, aren't good enough to take advantage of the additional power, or they mostly ride on tight wooded trails. These people would be way better off on a 400 but they think they need a 450 so it is nice to see people making rational decisions.

That last paragraph is 100% me. Unfortunately I learned this all after I shelled out the cash for a 450. I to would be way better off on a 400, but I sold mine thinking I needed to be faster. In reality a cam and exhaust with upgraded shocks would have put me with the ideal quad for my riding situation. Oh well you live and learn, but I personally have grown to dislike 450's. Not that they are bad quads, they are awesome with power and explosive throttle response. Problem is I don't ride tracks, I don't race, they are not ideal for my riding conditions, lots and lots of clutch grabbing and shifting. Not to mention the uncomfortable riding position for trail riding for a day. I will never own anything "race" again. Glad to see the new 400's getting some attention, although I do wish Honda would do some small updates to them like a hotter cam and slight compression bump.

dirtyMOrider
12-07-2013, 03:41 PM
I think if its worked this long why change it there pretty much the same as the first 400exs mostly cosmetics is all they have changed

RNL
12-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I think if its worked this long why change it there pretty much the same as the first 400exs mostly cosmetics is all they have changed

Well that's true, but the other part of that is also if you don't change you get left behind. The mods I listed are the most common performance mods guys do. It just would make the 400 that much better. I have a feeling a change is coming soon, as Honda is suppose to be doing big things with their lineup the next two years.

dirtyMOrider
12-07-2013, 04:38 PM
i would like to see more color options kinda suck being all the new ones look the exact same