PDA

View Full Version : Suspension setups

jerseyrider8
12-06-2013, 01:54 AM
I have a trx450 05 What is the best Shock ? And What long travel front end Arms and shocks combo is the best for Open track/trails And whoops(At somepoints there badly deep) My last trx450 I had standard travel Jd performance arms and elka stage 3 shocks reb , comp , adj and I'm looking to go with long travel on this build .

ALL HELP will be appreciated Thanks

zyoung04
12-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Im sure a lot will say fox/Walsh not sure what ur looking to spend, and I never been a fan of fox stuff I don't le having to fool with air pressures and everything that u have to deal with on those. I've heard a lot of people praise the new elka stage 5's and they look cool, u wont beat elkas customer service either.

If I was to buy a front end I would run pep/houser or the elka stage 5's with the same arms. Houser has good customer service as well and really fast shipping if u ever need back up parts or anything else.

Ex_Rider43
12-17-2013, 05:41 PM
For what you do you need a good rear end. I am not sure that you can acheive something good with a 2005 swingarm , if you can find a used 06+ swingarm it is a good start. texeira tech and LSR makes good linkages for them. If you want a whole rear end look into www.six5design.com , I use that with a Stadium shock and its been awesome , very pleased with this setup and I heard great things about the same swingarm and linkage but with a Stage 5 Elka shock.

Codynetz634
02-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Jet suspension. Have them revalve your rear with a gt link. Probably the best bang for your buck. For the front end I run the stock modded long travel shocks with arsfx a arms and has handled better than my elka stage 3s by a long shot. Don't overlook stock rebuild. You won't be disappointed. Oh and customer service tops it all off.

jcs003
02-12-2014, 02:28 AM
best shock out there:

http://www.elkasuspension.com/products/atv/atv-stage5/

john