View Full Version : Value of my 300ex?

jmsmilin
11-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I have a very nice 93 first year made (no smog stuff I think too) 300ex with probably less than 100 hours on it and under 1500 miles Im sure. Garaged most of its life, and in a shed for a couple years once, has some upgrades like a rare 250x headlight guard, has nice nerf bars and alum wheels. Had orig tires but upgraded to alum several years ago and replaced the dry rotting orig tires (still with good tread though). The thing is super nice. Some scratching on engine side near pegs from wearing my darn boots with metal loops/buckles - never made that mistake again. Sitting deep in garage covered but may have some pics. Im thinking I can get $1650 for it fairly easy without the add ons (will take off add ons except for wheels since I dont have the orig ones anymore). Also has trailer hitch that will stay, never actually used it. Orig tool kit etc. Hate to sell and dont want to or need to, but I havent used it in at least 5 years now except to start it up once a year, just time to clean the garage. Minor wear and tear. Very very nice.

So what do you think is a fair price range? Im in TX. Never ride anymore, old and injured. Been in same family since new, owned 20 years now. Has orignal manuals, but cant find orig invoice and dont believe it came with a title that I recall. Some spare parts but probably sell those separate. Other than the fact they made these forever, there cant be many from this era in good shape left like this at all.

Will try to get pics.

jmsmilin
11-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Heres a pic from this site one of the last times it was actually rode. Its now in TX. Hard to see in pics, this is about 6 years old give or take, will get closer ones later if I can:

http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?198475-Post-the-300EX-pics&p=2620265#post2620265

rooster300ex
11-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Around $1000 to $1500. It's sad I have thousands of dollars into my 300ex, but I bet ya i couldn't get more then $2000 for it.

jmsmilin
11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
It seems the stock ones sell faster as Ive watched local ads etc. Most of the ones, typically mid 2000s, Ive seen have gone below $2000, but at $1000 they are usually beat, its normally toward the higher end on average. Not ready to go as low as 1500 yet, yeah the extras dont always add value, folks seem to like stock, so I may have to pull the extras. Unless its built for racing they dont seem to do well with mods, at least just from what Ive seen, but I dont pay too much attention. Maybe I just wont put the year in the ad, for some reason 93 will scare people, but its the same and better than many for sale.