PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock qwiksilver carb help

trx400exrider34
11-29-2013, 07:02 AM
hows it going everyone?

i need a little help with me carb if anyone has one, i have 2000 trx 400 ex with qiksilver carb and dg oval lit exhaust i got it about 2 1/2 mounths ago

and it was smoking blue i've been playing with carb and i got the smoke to go away barley can see but i had to adjust needle 27 clicks on rich side or online

manual say full rich is 0 so i would be 5 clicks should i get new needle it has 15e in it now so should i go up a size or down or just leave it.

this is my first atv/4stroke besides my cbr's off road i was 2wheels 2stroke:confused:[

DragonGunner
11-29-2013, 08:26 AM
I use to have the 440 edelbrock.....sold it several years ago with the notes and instructions, but from memory don't worry about the 0 setting....just adjust to the spot that jets it right....if you don't run out of clicks you won't need another needle. Mine came with another needle but was always able to make minor adjustments in summer and winter to dial it in.....think I was in the high 20's on clicks also. Liked the carb a lot, but it was just killing my thumb to much on long races or all day rides, too stiff for my liking....hope this helps ya.

chronicsmoke
11-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Hey gunner just out of curiosity, which carb did you put back on? Stock or something else?

DragonGunner
11-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey gunner just out of curiosity, which carb did you put back on? Stock or something else?

I put the stock back on, choke removed. I still run the quad, my son is now riding it most of the time and racing with it. I went onto my hybrid build with a 520 motor and with that I ran a 04' TRX 450R carb, very easy thumb throttle and worked out perfect. I keep thinking since my son is racing maybe try and find another cheap 450R carb for the EX, with my mods it should get a little gain.....but even if I saw another carb cheap for 70.00 on ebay I don't know....got other interests...just got a hero 2 go pro used with 120.00 worth of mounts and card for 170.00 off ebay....ebay just rocks!

chronicsmoke
11-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Haha that is cheap!

For the price, it couldn't hurt to throw a 450r carb on it. You'd get some gains no doubt.. Finding the time to do it, thats a different story Im sure lol.