PDA

View Full Version : 250 R leaking raidator fluid

mattmitchell
03-20-2003, 11:44 AM
When i kill the engine on my R it leaks radiator fluid under the water pump (looks like out of a hole or maybe the seam) does anyone know why it might be leaking and if that hole is supposed to be plgged??

thanks

CBW
03-20-2003, 12:00 PM
If it leaks out that little hole,,,,,,,,,you need a new mechanical seal from honda to seal the shaft,,,,,,and if the shaft looks bad,,,,,,you should get a new impeller shaft or the new seal will go bad in a hurry.

And depending on what year you have,,,,,,,,try upgrading to an 89 shaft and impeller cause the impeller has the retaining nut cast into it.........one less "joint" to worry about. I have an 89 impeller,,,,,,,but it wont fit on the 88 shaft.......so maybe you need an 89 shaft also...........never looked into that in depth. Maybe someone else knows.

stroked300ex
03-20-2003, 03:14 PM
the poor honda.. damn she needs a little TLC and she will be ok lol.. anyways like she guy said above.. you just prolly need new seals.. or when you cut your engine off, it is creating so much back pressure that when you cut it off..the liquid leaks out anyways.. sorry man i dont know that much about R radiators but i know about the engine.. later