PDA

View Full Version : uni or K&N

t-balls400ex
03-20-2003, 11:42 AM
my friend has a K&n filter hes not going to use it should I trade him for my uni?The guy at my shop says K&N will ruin your engine let too much crap in is this true if so why do so many people use them?

4TraxRider
03-20-2003, 11:54 AM
I've heard as well that K&N let some dirt through. I have never personally experienced it with my quad, but i prefer UNI, or Twin Air. I've run them in my bikes for years and have never had a problem.

Ryan
03-20-2003, 11:56 AM
It depends what riding conditions you normally ride in. (IMO) The foam filters are alot better in dusty, sandy ect area's as the K@N is not. The foams trap alot more then the K@N style filters however, if you riding flattrack, or non dusty, muddy area's ect, The K@N would probably be better.

Sportrax10
03-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Dusty, muddy, wet at all keep your UNI. Even if its just a little.JMO

trxex
03-20-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Dusty, muddy, wet at all keep your UNI. Even if its just a little.JMO i agree 100%, get the uni,unless you have a ton of mods

sparks400ex101
03-20-2003, 02:03 PM
i run a K&N now with no lid and have no probs, i used to run a sparks foam filter, basicly the same as uni and when i put the filter oil on it , it seems to glog it up and it sputters on top

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Like everyone else said, if you run in dusty/wet conditions UNI is the way to go :macho

Steven
03-20-2003, 02:42 PM
I have both and like the UNI better overall.

The K&N lets in dust as it can be seen on the walls of the air boot. It doesn't seem to matter how mutch I oil it. I even run the pre filter with it.

My UNI never lets the dust in and I can't feel a difference in power so I just run the UNI unless I'm riding on a non-dusty surface.

I will say this. The K&N is easier to clean and flows better when its all dirty.

You choose.