PDA

View Full Version : LT80 on TV

LT80
11-24-2013, 09:27 AM
I hope you guys and gals don't mind a lil "off mini" post.
In Erie yesterday they taped a new show comming to A&E in Feb.
""Underground Arm Wrestling""
They find a delapitated building (gotta look "underground" ya know), bring in a giant generator, trucks with lighting and equipment, a giant heater with a 2 ft hose to get the heat into this quite open old building, lighting, miles of wires, etc.
OHHH, let's not forget to mention a cpl of real nice portable toilets *cough*cough* :D :D

Sorta cool but "holy hollywood"! The actuall 3 arm pulls that each member of a team takes are about 1-2 minutes in actuall time. It took 45 minutes a match for taping.
4 big fuggers from Erie and 1 scrawney (but tough) dude.
Team California had 4 guys (1 didn't come). Had this AL guy that was a 24 time national champ. I got to shake his hand. I'm telling you his hand was as big as a baseball mitt and clamped like a vise!!! His hands are so big that he can't get his hands in his pants pockets. LOL
I asked Al about how they determine which arm to use. His reply: The healthy one. All of us have torn rotator cuffs and other limiting factors.
They set up this guy (a uncle of a arm wrestler) and another guy for a fake bet. You'll see the guy "I got money on Johnny" and the other fella sorta was weak in his responces so they re took the shot. I explained to the guy that he had to "show it up" a lil. So they took another take and the guy was still lame so and I jumped in and went off/got in his face on how Johnny was lame and can't pull a arm, etc. It's funny.
After the cameras were off, we all hehe'd and gave everyones cash back.
The producton crew appreciated my quad wars expierience in trash talk. LMFAO!!
The best part for me is that they took a pic of my business logo and will show it. They like to help the local buiseness they explained. I couldn't believe it. FREE AD ON TV!!!!!! LOL
Now ppl from thousands of miles away can call to get a septic cleaned and a portable toilet...:p
Hope you enjoy. :)