PDA

View Full Version : idiot question

rickhise
11-23-2013, 06:00 AM
go ahead take your shots:

is there a device, meter, gauge warn etc. that will tell you what your incline is as you go.

IM assuming once u reach the warning stage its too late but had to ask?

2 more dumb ones, what tires do you recommend for a 325 pol.4/4, trail riding inclines and some down timber to get over, not much mud or snow, no water, as you can tell my major concern is the hills I have to go up is a wider tire helpful and with a small machine can my unit handle it.... I understand my skill an ability is more important than bells an whistles but any advantage is

is low range recommended on steep hill, where your concern is the bike may start to rare up? thanks for reading

blacknblue#2
11-23-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm thinking some of the toyota FJ have an incline gauge on the dash. I'm not sure if thats what your looking for or not though. Always climb steep inclines in low range on a machine like that. As far as tires I'm not sure what all is offered to the ute market but I would want something that will slip a little

Stickman400
11-23-2013, 06:04 PM
They're called inclinometer's. Here's a basic one for $23 http://www.jeep4x4center.com/clinometer-graphic-with-compass-no-light-63309-01.html Just an analog gauge you stick or screw on to a flat surface. I'm not sure what you are wanting it for but just search that word in bing or google and it will come back with all sorts of results in all different varieties and prices.

CJM
11-23-2013, 11:45 PM
The single best advice if your looking to climb a hill is use the throttle and lean over the front tires if you feel you will wheelie somehow.

A friend of mine did hill climbs on a 200cc 3 wheeler that guys on 450s were afraid to do. He just hit the throttle and held on.

zyoung04
11-27-2013, 02:30 AM
The single best advice if your looking to climb a hill is use the throttle and lean over the front tires if you feel you will wheelie somehow.

A friend of mine did hill climbs on a 200cc 3 wheeler that guys on 450s were afraid to do. He just hit the throttle and held on.

Just curious was it this guy? Lol cuz he's doin stuff most wouldn't do on 450s

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTw9R81k8R8

CJM
11-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Just curious was it this guy? Lol cuz he's doin stuff most wouldn't do on 450s

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTw9R81k8R8

No, its a local guy. The 3 wheeler was so beat from him doing all this stuff he cracked the frame, welded it, cracked it again and retired it.

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 09:49 AM
I've never taken a heavy quad up steep hills, but I imagine if i was doing it I would use the same method i use on my sport quads. Get a good run at the hill and hammer down!

quad2xtreme
11-27-2013, 01:18 PM
momentum is key or you will just flip backwards when the rear tires grip in at slower speeds. I get so tired of 4X4 quads climbing slowly in 2-wheel drive rutting everything up then finally giving up and going into 4X4 mode. :cuss: They ruin it for bikes and sport quads.

zyoung04
11-27-2013, 08:19 PM
No, its a local guy. The 3 wheeler was so beat from him doing all this stuff he cracked the frame, welded it, cracked it again and retired it.

I believe ya.....I just remember watching that and that guy saying "difference between a 3 wheeler and a 4 wheeler is like riding a mechanical bull and a live bull and this ones live" haha anyone that could climb hills on one are a beast in my book.

CJM
11-27-2013, 09:41 PM
I believe ya.....I just remember watching that and that guy saying "difference between a 3 wheeler and a 4 wheeler is like riding a mechanical bull and a live bull and this ones live" haha anyone that could climb hills on one are a beast in my book.

The kid knew how to ride that 200 atv so well it shocked me. I cant ride one of them things, damn scary. He out rode guys on 450s lol.

Stickman400
11-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Just imagine what that guy could do on a 450 ATC hybrid. Or does he have one? I remember watching that part a LONG time ago when I was still on a 250ex and thinking that guy was completely insane, and I wanted to be just like that.

chronicsmoke
11-28-2013, 07:09 AM

Hahahahaha Yes!! I forgot about that guy :blah:

From Huevos 5, think I still have the VHS somewhere