PDA

View Full Version : Transmision/motor oil an filters

HondaRacing83
11-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Im about to put in a big order of maintenance items from rockymtnatvmc and i have no ue what i wanna run for oil. I know i want synthetic ad i want something cheap but still good. No clue with the tranny oil as this is my first quad with seperate. Someone help me here as i want something good and cheap again. Now with oil filters i think there pretty straight forward haha im not paying for oem ones i was gonna buy like the $3 tusk ones i dont thin itll be problem if theres somethig wron or a certain type of filter lemme know tho

zyoung04
11-22-2013, 02:24 AM
I feel like u get what u pay for when it comes to oil. U buy cheap then ur gonna get cheap. Myself I run nothing but royal purple 10-30 in mine, even converted a friend to it here awhile back. Ive run it for 20+ hours and drain and it still comes out looking like it did when it went in the machine. Its not cheap but I believe its one of the best oils out there

As far filters go I've always had good luck with these. Magic runs runs a deal on them sometimes and u can get few of them at once for a decent price. I got 6 here awhile back for $3 shipped to the house

https://www.magicracing.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-43

alanbmx
11-23-2013, 10:09 AM
if you want cheap go to Wal-Mart and get the big white gallon of Shell Rotella T 15-40, do a search on here you will find many use and love it. Best cheap oil you will find, and Walmart has the best price. Use it on both sides and change it often, I would recommend every 10-20 hours, myself I lean towards the 10 hour interval. My opinion is to stay away from the stainless re-usable filters and just buy the oil filters in bulk on eBay, I personally use the oem or K&N oil filters and Motul 300T on the engine side and Motul Trans expert for the trans but Motul is $$$

Balaz_73*00
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Rotella T and HiFlo filters. Been running this for years on various built motors. Change often...i change after every race or about 2 hrs. Im sure you could go longer...

CJM
11-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Rotella T and HiFlo filters. Been running this for years on various built motors. Change often...i change after every race or about 2 hrs. Im sure you could go longer...

yep, same combo unless I get a deal on a run of tuusk filters (they look exactly like hiflo). I change every 3-5 rides.