PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

dhawkins
11-21-2013, 06:10 AM
What exhaust sounds the best on the ex? I had the big gun evo but it just wasn't loud enough. I want something that is loud and makes the machine have more power. So if anyone could help or give me ideas that would be helpful.

2001400exrida
11-21-2013, 09:16 AM
on the 400ex, you won't gain much power with the slip ons, they pretty much all are going to give you around the same amount of power. If you want to go with a full system, the sparks full system is the best performing pipe in my opinion. It's not cheap, but it sounds great and performs great. CT also makes a good full system for the 400's.

DragonGunner
11-21-2013, 09:45 AM
on the 400ex, you won't gain much power with the slip ons, they pretty much all are going to give you around the same amount of power. If you want to go with a full system, the sparks full system is the best performing pipe in my opinion. It's not cheap, but it sounds great and performs great. CT also makes a good full system for the 400's.

Just my opinion...but you'll gain 5 to 7 hp with about any slip on. I don't think you get much more hp from a header. With that said I payed the bucks for a full exhaust CT. And had several guys from the track and or recreational areas that rode 400EX tell me it was the best sounding pipe they ever heard.

I have been stuck on CT ever since and put a 450R CT exhaust on my hybrid. I have heard LRD also and thought they sound dang good too, Sparks looks about the same but don't remember ever hearing one.

I would be interested in seeing some stats on full exhaust hp vs just slip on exhaust....

2001400exrida
11-21-2013, 10:00 AM
5-7hp from a slip on. not even close brah. Don't get offended but that's some BS that people really shouldn't read or believe. you might get 2 hp from a slip on. Now, if you take off the airbox lid, throw on a better air filter, put a cam in it, and run a slip on, assuming you have good jetting, you MIGHT gain the 5-7hp you're talking about, but just a slip on exhaust on a stock 400ex is not going to give you 5-7hp.

chronicsmoke
11-21-2013, 11:21 AM
I don't think you get much more hp from a header. With that said I payed the bucks for a full exhaust CT.
I would be interested in seeing some stats on full exhaust hp vs just slip on exhaust....

I too would like to see the difference.. You can ground down the header welds as some members have said but I'm not so sure that makes a significant difference.. There's never been (or at least I've nevver seen them posted) dyno graphs that compare a stock system VS full aftermarket VS slip on w/ header welds ground down.

I've got a full big gun evo-x pipe and have had it since ~2005 with good results. I added it when I built it to a 426 though so I can't comment on the power it added vs stock.

Hard to say what you would gain with a slip on.. 5-7 seems high but I bet with supporting mods it could make a significant difference (i see your bike is ported, bored, cammed, ect.) no doubt you would gain more (say 3-5 for arguments sake [P.S. that's not an invitation :rolleyes:]..) with any exhaust compared to somebody with a completly stock bike (who would yeild ~.5-2ish)

To the OP; get somethign QUIET!!! You wont notice the difference between quiet and ear deffening sound but your neighbors and local police might... lol.

2001400exrida
11-21-2013, 12:03 PM
yeah the headpipes are on these are about as good as it gets in stock form. you might get 1-2 hp from an engineered full system like sparks or ct. Regardless no slip on will ever boost hp by 5-7hp, it's the other mods combined that will ad that kind of power. Yeah i know the pipe manufacturers claim you'll gain instant horsepower, but it's very little.

CJM
11-21-2013, 01:17 PM

yeah the headpipes are on these are about as good as it gets in stock form. you might get 1-2 hp from an engineered full system like sparks or ct. Regardless no slip on will ever boost hp by 5-7hp, it's the other mods combined that will ad that kind of power. Yeah i know the pipe manufacturers claim you'll gain instant horsepower, but it's very little.

Now your just contradicting yourself.....

Ive said it a million times: not much is to gained on the EX exhaust b/c of the horrible header design. if you seriously gained 1hp slip on vs full exhaust Id be shocked.

chronicsmoke
11-21-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.gtthunder.com/Product/400EXexhaust.html

This may interest the OP.. probably the best performing exhaust for built 400s..

DragonGunner
11-21-2013, 02:02 PM
5-7hp from a slip on. not even close brah. Don't get offended but that's some BS that people really shouldn't read or believe. you might get 2 hp from a slip on. Now, if you take off the airbox lid, throw on a better air filter, put a cam in it, and run a slip on, assuming you have good jetting, you MIGHT gain the 5-7hp you're talking about, but just a slip on exhaust on a stock 400ex is not going to give you 5-7hp.

Good Lord....do i really have to dig out my dirt wheels articles with the hp dyno's of several leading slip ons at the time to show you don't know crap...again.

CJM
11-21-2013, 02:15 PM
good lord....do i really have to dig out my dirt wheels articles with the hp dyno's of several leading slip ons at the time to show you don't know crap...again.
yes!

81dasher81
11-21-2013, 03:28 PM
yes!

x2!

Blodg
11-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Here is a dyno graph done by GT Thunder of a bone stock 400EX and a full exhaust:
This graph is similar to most other testing I have seen and shows a full exhaust adds about 1-2 peak HP. It shows an increase of about 3 HP in the midrange.

This dyno graph is for a slip-on only:
This one shows about 1 HP increase at peak and maybe 2.5 HP gain in the midrange.

This dyno graph compares a stock exhaust with a full exhaust on a built 400EX motor:
On a modified motor the exhaust added 3 HP at peak and about 7-8 HP in the midrange.

All of the above graphs were done on the same dyno so they are comparable. But all dyno's vary and of course their are a large number of different exhausts and manufacturers so these graphs are just for example. We can't compare HP numbers from one dyno to another.

400man
11-21-2013, 05:21 PM
i went from a hmf/stock header to a full white bros R4 exhaust and i could actually feel a difference between the too. R4 felt more responsive and the pull in the mid range felt a little bit stronger. and later i cut the silencer into a shorty and repacked and it sounded louder and a little deeper tone.

Blodg
11-21-2013, 05:23 PM
To the original poster - sound is subjective so beauty is in the eye (ear) of the beholder. I have seen many people say the Curtis Sparks and the CT mentioned above sound good although they are known to be on the loud side. The HMF also has a lot of fans and to me has a good sound with a deep tone but not obnoxiously loud.

KKiowaTJ
11-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Go with a motoworks slip-on since they are getting hard to find. If you don't like it sell it and buy another. Like mentioned, Butt dyno hp gains only and crisp response is the only thing you will gain along with some sound. To each their own, Good luck

jhtrx250r
11-24-2013, 10:57 PM
my wifes 400 ex has a white brothers R4 full exhaust system it works pretty well however it's too loud
for her so its up for sale if anyone wants it what is a 2005 not sure if it matters the year
that it comes off of her goes on I think they're all pretty much the same
the exhaust looks new has about 15 hours on it she rides the quad once a year
I use to race 400 ex is back in the early 2000's I can tell you from personal experience the stock header is a piece of crap the stock head pipe diameter is way too small and the Bends are all wrong I personally liked the yoshi full system I ran however we put a sparks 39 FCR on the wifes quad so I think I'm going to put the sparks full exhaust on as well
so if you want a nice what brothers R4 full make a decent offer

2001400exrida
11-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Good Lord....do i really have to dig out my dirt wheels articles with the hp dyno's of several leading slip ons at the time to show you don't know crap...again.

the dyno's are posted, and it's plain as day that youre 5-7hp is just dead wrong. As we've all tried to explain, the power comes from supporting mods. Throwing a slip on on a stock 400ex is not going to magically give you a 5-7hp gain.

CJM, why did you quote me and call me out for contradicting? Let me explain for the tow truck driver guy who lives in momma's basement. I gave the OP options, i said if he wants a full system, the 2 i listed are the best of the best, if he wants a slip on, they pretty much all perform the same. Where did you get off track and get the idea I was contradicting. I also mentioned that the headers don't do much, that's something we all know and agree on. That doesn't mean that I can't suggest a couple good full system companies as I did???

if you have a dyno that shows that a slip on vs a stock exhaust on a stock 400ex gives the 5-7hp, please by all means post it. Actually wait, you said it was from dirt wheels....don't worry about posting that, we all know how dirtwheels operates, lol. I'm glad somebody did finally post some dyno's. Thanks for that! It just shows that you'll get a couple horsepower by adding a slip on. any other horsepower comes from supporting mods on a built motor. THe lessen we learned today is that no slip on will add 5-7hp, it's the other mods that give you that power. plain a simple, put a slip on on a stock 400ex, ya might gain 2 hp.

DragonGunner
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
the dyno's are posted, and it's plain as day that youre 5-7hp is just dead wrong. As we've all tried to explain, the power comes from supporting mods. Throwing a slip on on a stock 400ex is not going to magically give you a 5-7hp gain.

CJM, why did you quote me and call me out for contradicting? Let me explain for the tow truck driver guy who lives in momma's basement. I gave the OP options, i said if he wants a full system, the 2 i listed are the best of the best, if he wants a slip on, they pretty much all perform the same. Where did you get off track and get the idea I was contradicting. I also mentioned that the headers don't do much, that's something we all know and agree on. That doesn't mean that I can't suggest a couple good full system companies as I did???

if you have a dyno that shows that a slip on vs a stock exhaust on a stock 400ex gives the 5-7hp, please by all means post it. Actually wait, you said it was from dirt wheels....don't worry about posting that, we all know how dirtwheels operates, lol. I'm glad somebody did finally post some dyno's. Thanks for that! It just shows that you'll get a couple horsepower by adding a slip on. any other horsepower comes from supporting mods on a built motor. THe lessen we learned today is that no slip on will add 5-7hp, it's the other mods that give you that power. plain a simple, put a slip on on a stock 400ex, ya might gain 2 hp.

Since you wouldn't believe the dirtwheel reviews and dyno's then then there is no sense in posting. And you are right and I would agree that the up to 7 or 8 hp would come from other mods such as jetting and or air box lid mods or removal, but basically most brands are about the same with maybe a couple reaching a little higher.....the problem is you assume to much, judge too much, insult too much and basically come off as such a dick at times it gets tiresome.

2001400exrida
11-26-2013, 02:26 PM
i call a spade a spade. Blodg posted the dyno's to prove it man. Stock machine vs a stock machine with slip on you're getting 1-2hp gain and yes most slip on brands will get you about the same power. This is why if somebody says a slip on adds 5-7hp, i say no, calling it bluntly. Sorry if that offends people it's what i would do in real life and it's what i do on the forums, call them out on some BS. I may have come off a little rash by quoting you and disagreeing, that's my fault. Again, sorry if i offended you i just don't want people to think they can go buy a new slip on and throw it on their stock 400ex and get a 5-7hp increase, that was my point all along, nothing more nothing less. I will never believe a dirtwheels review, especially the "NEW ALUMINUM FRAME EFI HONDA 450 COMING THIS YEAR" crap they been pulling for about half a decade.

CJM
11-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Because, first you say you wont gain much with a full or a slip on then you change your tune. I quoted it, you cant edit my posts.

I also didnt mention anything personally about you either. Why you have to bring that up I dont know. But for the record your a liar extraordinaire Mr. Ryan Schaefer. Or was that camaro you spoke of really yours all along? Incase you didnt realize if no one believes anything you say anymore. The best part is you did it yourself with no help from anyone.

ben300
11-26-2013, 05:43 PM
this forum is officially ****ed

CJM
11-26-2013, 05:45 PM

Yep.

All cause of one person too.

kt1148
11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Since you wouldn't believe the dirtwheel reviews and dyno's then then there is no sense in posting. And you are right and I would agree that the up to 7 or 8 hp would come from other mods such as jetting and or air box lid mods or removal, but basically most brands are about the same with maybe a couple reaching a little higher.....the problem is you assume to much, judge too much, insult too much and basically come off as such a dick at times it gets tiresome.

Couldn't have said it better...thanks!

chronicsmoke
11-27-2013, 06:26 AM

at least the 'org has been a drama free :D

ben300
11-27-2013, 07:09 AM
at least the 'org has been a drama free :D

its true. theres something to be said for good, healthy, informative discussions. you konw, debates like what provides a better ride for xc racing, after market shocks or stock rebuilds, or are duel rate rebuilds sufficient vs tripple rates....and everyone puts in their good two sense and objectively debates, and bring good issues and information to the table

but when you have someone who has to have the final word, in every single discussion, regardless of who that person is discussing with, it just bring the forum down as a whole. i find it that i have no desire to post here no more

sorry to highjack your thread

chronicsmoke
11-27-2013, 07:13 AM
you must just be one of the cronies, Ben, as this place must be full of them ;):rolleyes:

400man
11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't know, in the last few months I have been almost addicted to coming here and reading the "thread discussions" for a quick laugh. Not calling any names, but it is funny to read what someone who thinks he/she should counter other peoples opinion with his own and demand a reason why the other person has that opinion, and then explain why that persons opinion is wrong.

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Because, first you say you wont gain much with a full or a slip on then you change your tune. I quoted it, you cant edit my posts.

never changed my tune, i stand by that. 1-2 MAYBE 3 hp from either one (fs or s/o) on a stock machine. The dynos have been posted to prove it. 5-7hp is a big stretch to jump with just throwing a slip on on a stock machine. What's up with the first and last name usage CJM? I mean throw something better out there for us all to see. Start a camaro thread and i'll post my '69.

and chronic ben is not one of the cronies, i like him he's got good info in almost every post.

dragon gunner, i do believe the dyno's my friend....which is why i think everybody should look at the dynos that were posted in this thread, it's very straight forward.

Reviewing this thread i honestly don't see what the problem is. I posted that you won't gain much from a slip on or full system, then a guy directly quotes me and says oh you'll get 5-7, i begged to differ....and then the dynos were posted to prove it......what's so wrong with that? if somebody quotes my words and argues with me first, yeah you can bet i'll put my 2 cents in there all day long.

ben300
11-27-2013, 08:46 AM
never changed my tune, i stand by that. 1-2 MAYBE 3 hp from either one (fs or s/o) on a stock machine. The dynos have been posted to prove it. 5-7hp is a big stretch to jump with just throwing a slip on on a stock machine.

i will say that i do believe that 2-3 HP is all your gonna get out of a 400 with a slip on. maybe four at the max. id say this is probably pretty similar with a slip on on a 450 as well. the limiting factor, IMO with both machines, is the jetting. the performance you get, or dont get for that matter, out of ever motor, is how spot on your jetting is. theres that magic combination with every engine (especially carb'd motors), where the jetting is perfect for the motor mods done to the engine, and the atmospheric conditions, where you get the performance out of those mods.

if the engine is jetted to lean for the mods, or jetted way to rich, your only gonna see a minimal gain at best for the mods applied. i think what happens, and the dyno's do show it, is sure, you can slap on a slip on exhaust, **** with the jetting, and you can get that 400 to run like a rape date from 0-2000rpm's, but all your getting is throttle response from allow the motor to breath better. if the jetting isnt on, your not really gonna get that extra HP that starts building in the midrange through the top rpms before the power curve falls off. our just getting somethign that makes the machine lowder. and i guess, unless your a hard core raging hilljack redneck, sound isnt allways the most important thing.

the other thing i think you have to think of is on the 400 with a slip on vs a full system is your probalby only gonna get MAYBE anohter .5-1 hp out of a internally stock motor becuase of the exhaust hole/flange and header design. your going to have a lot more turbulent flow of the exhaust gasses out of the 400 motor vs a 450 because of the dual exit jug, and where two chambers of the head pipe meet. both of these are going to mimit the flow of the motor drasticaly over the single exit header of a 450. theres really not much you can do with this.

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 09:39 AM
I've never seen that pipe chronic posted, i'd like to see some numbers on that bad boy, it looks like a one off no doubt. Glad we're back to tech talk ben! Thanks for throwing out some useful info. The worst thing about a forum is when people start hating and post things that have nothing to do with the subject of threads. It's easy for people to post hateful comments and join the bandwagon just because they are keyboard warriors. You see guys posting one liners with insults and hating on certain members...it's good for nothing. Best thing to do is stay on topic and post opinions and debates that pertain to the subject. Don't join in on the hating, instead post something with some value.

guys like CJM and chronic have been out to get me from the start, they officially had me banned from the org, in real life that doesn't happen. In real life if you make a claim and somebody doesn't agree you use your knowledge and points to prove your side. These guys whine to they're buddy baileygunns and poof, he bans me. Let me tell ya that place ain't drama free, go over there right now and pull up a thread you will see arguments, it's full of 15 year olds and then the know it all 30+ guys who want to feel macho. It's all about who can stay open minded and have a civil discussion. I'm a rider/racer through and through, i'm not a guy who has 5 billion posts......It does no good to blame it on one person just because you dont' like the way he thinks. It takes people throwing out insults to ruin a thread, that's what has happened here. Whiners who don't like what they read.....well if ya don't like it respond with something that correlates to the subject, don't just throw out an insult because you don't like it.

chronicsmoke
11-27-2013, 09:49 AM
What exhaust sounds the best on the ex? I had the big gun evo but it just wasn't loud enough. So if anyone could help or give me ideas that would be helpful.

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/2702/ybxf.jpg

/thread

ben300
11-27-2013, 10:03 AM
I've never seen that pipe chronic posted, i'd like to see some numbers on that bad boy, it looks like a one off no doubt.

thats the GT thunder exhaust....back, in the early 2000's, i believe back in the early 2000's, before the first yamaha 450 came out, laz had built some prett ridiculous 400's for his so brandon, and i believe this is where the design came from.

i honestly dont know a single person that runs one of these, or if its even worth the money. there are so few 400's or any make on the lines anymore at the XC races that it would be hard to find one. it looks nice, and id be interested to try one, but im not gonna spend that kind of money on to me, an unproven exhaust. and dont get me wrong, im not knocking gtt stuff, i run some of their products, and the products that i do run, i love.

here some food for thought. this is pic is a pic of brayden schick's 400 from this past season. he placed 3rd in points in the sport 15+ with like 2-3 wins on the season. he's fully sponsored by GTT and has been for awhile. he's running a full sparks...

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 10:12 AM
I truly believe the sparks pipe is hard to beat. It might be because i'm bias and that i run one, but I think they engineered one of the best perform exhausts for the hundies.

chronicsmoke
11-27-2013, 10:57 AM
I've never seen that pipe chronic posted, i'd like to see some numbers on that bad boy, it looks like a one off no doubt. Glad we're back to tech talk ben! Thanks for throwing out some useful info. The worst thing about a forum is when people start hating and post things that have nothing to do with the subject of threads. It's easy for people to post hateful comments and join the bandwagon just because they are keyboard warriors. You see guys posting one liners with insults and hating on certain members...it's good for nothing. Best thing to do is stay on topic and post opinions and debates that pertain to the subject. Don't join in on the hating, instead post something with some value.

guys like CJM and chronic have been out to get me from the start, they officially had me banned from the org, in real life that doesn't happen. In real life if you make a claim and somebody doesn't agree you use your knowledge and points to prove your side. These guys whine to they're buddy baileygunns and poof, he bans me. Let me tell ya that place ain't drama free, go over there right now and pull up a thread you will see arguments, it's full of 15 year olds and then the know it all 30+ guys who want to feel macho. It's all about who can stay open minded and have a civil discussion. I'm a rider/racer through and through, i'm not a guy who has 5 billion posts......It does no good to blame it on one person just because you dont' like the way he thinks. It takes people throwing out insults to ruin a thread, that's what has happened here. Whiners who don't like what they read.....well if ya don't like it respond with something that correlates to the subject, don't just throw out an insult because you don't like it.

Ok Ryan, since you have to quote me every time you post, after I sent you my autographed skid marked tighty whities and we agreed you'd ignore me and I'd ignore you;

You had over 3000 posts on the org in less than a year (about 13 per day was it? all of them sensless bickering so don't come here and act like a saint..;))

CJM and I weren't around when you were innitially banned as;
1)Illinirider
2)Dabears
3) 05trxrider
4) Ryan450r
5) 450tt
6) trail450r
7) dabears
8) dabears450r
9) rynobeans
10) ridingred
11) ryno450
12) zi*****
13) rippinryno
14) jiveturkey
15) ridingred
16) ridingred2

I only ever had an issue with 'ridinlow'

Keep in mind these are all accounts in which were banned BEFORE Bgunns took over as forum mod/troll patrol.

Last count you were up to 29 banned accounts since Bguns was a mod..
1) gogotrx
2) rockstartrx
3) stewlawsonbanhappydouche
4) low&wide
5) Strokin450
6) baileyguns (with one "N")
7) Quadgod450
8) narnar
9) live450
10) FTtrx450r
11) 450racer71
12) arracer
13) watchmego
14) Cameljockey
15) rockmemama
16) onthego
17) old450rida
18) chainsawjack
19) Cube
20) Ovalman
21) whodat
22) yourmomgoestocollege
23) Joebee
24) quads blow lolol
25) Ban me
26) harleyfan
27) skatracks
28) blastermaster
29) ridinlow

Where did you even get/how do you keep track of over 45+ email addresses? That has to be some kind of record, yet you sit and blame everybody around you.

I'm sorry, but any one person with over 40 banned accounts on a SINGLE forum in UNDER A YEAR has some serious issues, continue to blame those around you.

Just stop quoting/mentioning me. Carry on

Sorry to everybody else who had to read all the crap.. If you think it's tiring you have no idea how I feel.

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 11:21 AM
if you have something to prove to this community i think it's a null point and you should start pming people instead of posting useless made up BS. clearly you are obsessed.

I'm gonna try out the maxwell can, looks like a good option. maybe put some steel wool in there for some added packing.

400man
11-27-2013, 11:23 AM
I truly believe the sparks pipe is hard to beat. It might be because i'm bias and that i run one, but I think they engineered one of the best perform exhausts for the hundies.

my white brothers R4 full exhaust is made similar to the sparks, where the silencer meets the header, it tapers up to a bigger diameter where it meets the silencer body. heres an old pic I found to show what I mean.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/gncc400ex004.jpg (http://s417.photobucket.com/user/ky2stroker/media/gncc400ex004.jpg.html)

Id say my pipe performs just as good as a sparks exhaust....since it has the same design

chronicsmoke
11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
if you're over, do everybody a favor and stfu, thanks

if ya don't post it, people won't have to read it chronic

if you have something to prove to this community i think it's a null point and you should start pming people instead of posting useless made up BS. clearly you are obsessed.

I'm gonna try out the maxwell can, looks like a good option. maybe put some steel wool in there for some added packing. .

Just to clarify that It's not Mark and I 'out to get you' if you never mentioned me in a condesending manor, we'd never have issues, budday.

I can post links to verify anything above is fact and not 'made up bs' as you claim.. now lets drop it?

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 11:33 AM
my white brothers R4 full exhaust is made similar to the sparks, where the silencer meets the header, it tapers up to a bigger diameter where it meets the silencer body. heres an old pic I found to show what I mean.

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/gncc400ex004.jpg (http://s417.photobucket.com/user/ky2stroker/media/gncc400ex004.jpg.html)

Id say my pipe performs just as good as a sparks exhaust....since it has the same design

yeah that does look alot like the sparks. question, how loud is that mother with the shorty like that lol.

CJM
11-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Were obsessed huh.

Thats why you called me out and said i live in my moms basement. This crap keeps going round and round and round. Didnt the moderator tell you last time to cut out the bs? Apparently does not follow directions is your mantra.

Heck, I promised the moderator Id stay out of it. But when you say your bs about me its open season. This crap aint ever gonna end, we can ban you and you come back. In the end it drives people away from forums like this. Lord knows you drove away tons of people on the org.

I mean really, what is your major malfunction numb nuts? Didnt mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a kid? Everyone is sick and tired of your crap and incase you didnt realize it they even say it! The reason this forum is dead is you!

400man
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
mines kinda loud, but I love the tone it makes. I put some 2 stroke packing in when I shortened it. when I let other people ride it, it has a deep sound to it, but when I ride and get on it hard, it sounds a little higher pitched

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 01:11 PM
cjm - you directly quoted me in this thread and said i was contradicting myself. In no way did i quote or target you prior to you calling me out first. it started with you homeboy, then i went on to explain your life situation. It was wrong of me, but i believe we have both been told not to quote each other and to stay out of each others faces, you ignored that so i responded, sorry if it was harsh. You keep saying i'm driving people away, but let's be real this site is getting more active lately....i won't take credit, but don't continue to talk me down, this isn't the org, your butt buddies are not the mods, now let's stop this! and seriously numb nuts? do you honestly think i'll take that as an insult....sheesh the maturity of you mark, it's obsurd, grow up go ride and don't get your panties in a bunch so easy.

cjm and chronic, i stopped and you have continued to have the last word, now please send me a pm if you want to piss and moan any further about this, i don't want to have to respond to another series of you guys doing nothing but insulting and ignoring the topic of the thread....... we're talking pipes baby not get with the program!

Baileygunns
11-27-2013, 01:35 PM
So who got the last word?

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 01:40 PM
i tried to move on to exhaust talk as have many members, ED. Fact remains that certain members are dead set on having me banned so they will continue to flame and troll this thread so it falls back on me. I can take credit where credit is due, but my attempts in this thread have all been directed towards the topic at hand. Exhausts! What is your exhaust opinions and thoughts ed, oh wait, you're stirring the pot too.

KKiowaTJ
11-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Since I have joined, Its not too hard to fund out the people who talk the talk, And have walked the walk many times. I have never seen any 'bandwagon' buy this or you suck on here. I tend to believe that the 400 can only be manipulated to an extent and after that its pointless and un reliable.

Parts used to achieve max performance all around, Are shared so a person does not buy twice and does it correct the first time. Plus why try something that's questionable when 15 guys are running the X mentioned and have had no problems and are still running it.

I have lurked at the org for awhile now. Seems they are a site like Pirate 4x4, They don't wanna hear bull**** and claims when many have already tried said part/company/process etc. I am a member of pirate and saw the chit chat thread 'ridinlo' started and talked **** to many people claiming they couldn't find him. Didn't work out too well their either.

Id say, Since we are mainly Americans aside from up north, Why not start a thread with a poll and have the members themselves resolve the issue. Its fair, No comments would be needed, Just a poll of a yay or nay. Only reason I bring this up, Is because there is no reason good guys need to leave or stop posting, When its only one problem in the way. That problem can be fixed easy with a vote/poll.

I have nothing against anyone, But 4 pages of overlapping BS is pointless. Plus the fact its just like nobama, When in doubt, Caught dead to rights, Switch conversation topic.
To each their own, Its a forum where opinions are left from questions asked. If that question has been asked a million times and the same answer is givin a million times, I don't see any argument other than trolling.

Baileygunns
11-27-2013, 01:56 PM
i tried to move on to exhaust talk as have many members, ED. Fact remains that certain members are dead set on having me banned so they will continue to flame and troll this thread so it falls back on me. I can take credit where credit is due, but my attempts in this thread have all been directed towards the topic at hand. Exhausts! What is your exhaust opinions and thoughts ed, oh wait, you're stirring the pot too.

Last word!

Baileygunns
11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Since I have joined, Its not too hard to fund out the people who talk the talk, And have walked the walk many times. I have never seen any 'bandwagon' buy this or you suck on here. I tend to believe that the 400 can only be manipulated to an extent and after that its pointless and un reliable.

Parts used to achieve max performance all around, Are shared so a person does not buy twice and does it correct the first time. Plus why try something that's questionable when 15 guys are running the X mentioned and have had no problems and are still running it.

I have lurked at the org for awhile now. Seems they are a site like Pirate 4x4, They don't wanna hear bull**** and claims when many have already tried said part/company/process etc. I am a member of pirate and saw the chit chat thread 'ridinlo' started and talked **** to many people claiming they couldn't find him. Didn't work out too well their either.

Id say, Since we are mainly Americans aside from up north, Why not start a thread with a poll and have the members themselves resolve the issue. Its fair, No comments would be needed, Just a poll of a yay or nay. Only reason I bring this up, Is because there is no reason good guys need to leave or stop posting, When its only one problem in the way. That problem can be fixed easy with a vote/poll.

I have nothing against anyone, But 4 pages of overlapping BS is pointless. Plus the fact its just like nobama, When in doubt, Caught dead to rights, Switch conversation topic.
To each their own, Its a forum where opinions are left from questions asked. If that question has been asked a million times and the same answer is givin a million times, I don't see any argument other than trolling.
They won't ban him here for what ever reason.... I can assure you tho, as long as I'm a mod on HQ and the ORG he won't be an issue. Chronic posted all or at least most of the screen names that were banned before the new mods and I've banned 28 more accounts after that.

KKiowaTJ
11-27-2013, 02:28 PM
They won't ban him here for what ever reason.... I can assure you tho, as long as I'm a mod on HQ and the ORG he won't be an issue. Chronic posted all or at least most of the screen names that were banned before the new mods and I've banned 28 more accounts after that.

So that's just 43 just off the top. Wow, One would think a person would get the point 40 names ago. I have no problem with said member, But I do see a trend that follows. Id say that's kinda ****ty if they let this type of crap continue and wont put a stop to it. More so when its blatant and continuous.

2001400exrida
11-27-2013, 02:33 PM
I encourage any of you to review all of my forum posts and find a bannable offense on this site. The mods here are fair and I play by then rules Baileygunns is nothing more than lying to feed the fire. I was banned on that forum as soon as he became mod. Go review my account ridinlow on the org you will see he trolled every thread of mine and also posted pictures of my mother. Why was he not banned? Because he is a better nut swinger than me.

On the contrary. Look at baileygunns forum posts on this site and you will see several shots at me. One in particular where he calla me a b****. Which I chose to ignore.

KKiowaTJ
11-27-2013, 03:09 PM
If that's the case, Don't buy into it anymore and blow it off. Im pretty sure you have followed their advice at one point and vice versa. If what you say is true, Walk away the better man and let this thread die.

The only 'side' im on, Is where people stay and give good info. If it don't match with another's opinion, Let them do the homework and they can dis-credit the member themselves. Nothing wrong with a good conversation, But most have been going a little too far when facts are already posted.

You can not re-invent the wheel, But we can find ways to make it roll smoother with less resistance.

Baileygunns
11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
I encourage any of you to review all of my forum posts and find a bannable offense on this site. The mods here are fair and I play by then rules Baileygunns is nothing more than lying to feed the fire. I was banned on that forum as soon as he became mod. Go review my account ridinlow on the org you will see he trolled every thread of mine and also posted pictures of my mother. Why was he not banned? Because he is a better nut swinger than me.

On the contrary. Look at baileygunns forum posts on this site and you will see several shots at me. One in particular where he calla me a b****. Which I chose to ignore.
Last word!!!

cheater13
11-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Last word!!!

Check your pm's Bailey.

Baileygunns
11-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Returned

CJM
11-27-2013, 09:32 PM
PM? PM? Send you a PM? No man, Im gonna say it so everyone can see it.

You are the very definition of internet troll. Aint no if's and's or but's about it. I very much wish you would grow a pair and take the hint people dont like you or want you around. Apparently however that melon of yours aint got nothing in it, as anyone with a brain woulda figured that out a LONG time ago. There is no way possible you have anything other than a part time job, no one else would have as much free time to spend on forums as you do.

This forum sucks, and its all cause of you. You did it to the org and now its a nice place with no issues at all. Funny, everyone is happy now.

2001400exrida
11-28-2013, 07:37 AM
There is no way possible you have anything other than a part time job, no one else would have as much free time to spend on forums as you do.

This forum sucks, and its all cause of you. You did it to the org and now its a nice place with no issues at all. Funny, everyone is happy now.

Says the guy with almost 11k posts. Here's an idea mark, if this forum sucks quit visiting it bud. you can keep trying with your weaksauce attempts to blame it on me I like this forum as do many others so maybe you should just leave if u have such a problem with the forum but either way get off my back.

2001400exrida
11-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Returned

Last word!

400man
12-10-2013, 12:52 PM
anyone tried the hmf quiet race series?

RNL
12-11-2013, 07:20 AM
anyone tried the hmf quiet race series?

I have the HMF Competition series slip on on my YFZ 450, and it's a sweet pipe. Not sure about Quiet Race Series, but imo HMF makes good stuff. The exhaust I have has 3 separate inserts so you can tune your sound level to where you ride. The looks and build are great. I'm willing to bet if you took a 400 with a good slip on, and put a 400 with a full exhaust like a Sparks next to it, both jetted and tuned,and drag raced them they'd be even. Now if you built the motor than yeah the Sparks would outperform the slip on. Bottom line, if you aint going big on your build...................just save the money and get a slip on. Or take some of the cash saved and put it towards dyno tuning the carb.

cheater13
12-12-2013, 07:51 AM
I'm attempting to make my FMF T4 into a shorty. If it gets messed up or anything I'm just getting an HMF slip on to go on my powerbomb header.